• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

So palma and ph both right.

Dolt 45 promises to pull out, points the other way, "iraq" looks that direction, the donald finishes and self high fives and calls for Cohen. "Where are you? I'm gonna need you take care of somethi... shit."

The staggering amount of incompetence on display in Trump's regime is mind blowing.

The staggering amount of incompetence on display in Trump's regime is mind blowing.

But according to sages such as Lou Dobbs and Stuart Varney, Trump is winning on a level that no previous POTUS has ever experienced, and no future POTUS will probably ever enjoy. To remove him from office now, at the height of his greatness, would be a travesty.

Agree with all this.

Also, it's pretty clear that this was a strike of opportunity and that little thought has gone into what happens the day after. It looks like the Iraqi parliament might vote to kick our forces out of Iraq. Does that serve our long-term best interests in the region? Does it help our efforts to contain Iran? Probably not. It's all just an incoherent mess and a lot of people are going to die because of it.

To be fair, it's not like past US administrations have been successful in "fixing" the middle east. However, the calculus of this administration has clearly changed over to confrontation, escalation, and destruction as a strategy, as opposed to any attempt at diplomacy, calming tensions, or trying to reach negotiated outcomes.

And then Trump will brag that he fulfilled his promises to bring the troops home.

Bump

giphy.gif

Do we have any board vets? I don't think Slim comes to the tunnels, but i am curious if they support the recent actions and comments like that? I know a few guys who served very briefly who can't get enough of Trump. Just wondering if we have anyone who can shed some light.

Do we have any board vets? I don't think Slim comes to the tunnels, but i am curious if they support the recent actions and comments like that? I know a few guys who served very briefly who can't get enough of Trump. Just wondering if we have anyone who can shed some light.

I have a few friends and relatives and it’s a mixed bag with them. In my experience, there seems to be a strong negative correlation between rank/education-level and support for trump.

I have a few friends and relatives and it’s a mixed bag with them. In my experience, there seems to be a strong negative correlation between rank/education-level and support for trump.

This is my experience as well. I'm from a military family and two of the officers are single issue voters that support President Trump no matter what. A third officer isn't a single issue voter; he was initially super stoked on President Trump, but has since cooled considerably due to the negative rhetoric employed by the President.

I could see at least one of them voting for Mayor Pete instead of President Trump in the general election.

Back