• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Do we have any board vets? I don't think Slim comes to the tunnels, but i am curious if they support the recent actions and comments like that? I know a few guys who served very briefly who can't get enough of Trump. Just wondering if we have anyone who can shed some light.

My dad fought in Vietnam and he absolutely hates Trump. Of course, he pretty much dislikes the government in general, probably because he had to spend a couple of his prime years in Vietnam.

Last edited:
Hugh Hewitt had a classic goal post moving editorial this morning. Hewitt was the guy who asked the "gotcha" question about Suleimani during the 2016 campaign, but now like most of the right he's all on board the Trump train. So now the new goalpost is "red lines" and "deterrence". As of this morning, apparently, the talking point is that Trump is better than Obama because he made a red line of "don't kill Americans" and is a hero because he took action when an American was killed. No mention, of course, of that fact that Trump's alleged Iran "strategy" was maximum pressure to get a better nuclear deal and to stop Iran from otherwise causing trouble in the Mideast. That goal post has vanished, now the goal post is simply "revenge for killing Americans" which apparently is supposed to be a "deterrent". Also, unpredictability and randomness is supposed to "deter" Iran from stuff. I guess Hugh didn't get the new talking point which is that dead Americans are expected as a result of this unpredictable deterrent.

But keep in mind wealthy businessmen make the best leaders and since they are wealthy they are smart and organized - and over-educated wonks who do nothing but read briefs and history and work on diplomacy have no real world experience and can't lead because they've never made a deal and whatnot

Last edited:
But keep in mind wealthy businessmen make the best leaders and since they are wealthy they are smart and organized and over-educated wonks who do nothing but read briefs and history and work on diplomacy have no real world experience and can't lead because they've never made a deal and whatnot

It speaks volumes to the shady shit involved in "regular business."

“Ain’t you tired, Ms. Hilly?”

I think of that quote from The Help every time a Trump surrogate on here or in the news like Kellyanne has to be trotted out to defend him. Must be exhausting.

This is a level of morality that most children grow out of before they are 10 - "he called me names so it's OK if I steal his favorite toy", "he hit me so it's OK if I tell a lie to get him in trouble". Unless you understand it in terms of how criminals act - "he stepped on my turf and dissed me so I got to shoot up his house to teach him a lesson." Fits right into the "Trump as mob boss" paradigm. It's not about long term planning, or strategy, or trying to get to an end goal - it's about respect, obedience, and "We're America, bitch". Any country that doesn't kiss the ring gets whacked.

Last edited:
Back