• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Pretty obvious that Iran's so-called proportional response (duds and property damage aimed mostly at Kurds and Sunnis) does not even look like the mother of all saber rattles. Clearly, no one in their right mind in Tehran wants war with the US, and neither should anyone in America want war, or any sort of tit-for-tat, with Iran.

Until Trump decides to do nothing and Hannity talks about how great of a leader he is for it. Just wait.

LK is right it’s like everyone has learned nothing from every trump action. Trump is a pussy that wants to look tough and look like he knows what he is doing. So Trump bumbles into a crisis of his own doing, shit happens, the worst case scenario is avoided and trump talks up how he alone solved this huge problem that didn’t even exist until the dumb fuck created it.

Pretty obvious that Iran's so-called proportional response (duds and property damage aimed mostly at Kurds and Sunnis) does not even look like the mother of all saber rattles. Clearly, no one in their right mind in Tehran wants war with the US, and neither should anyone in America want war, or any sort of tit-for-tat, with Iran.

Is sailor Trump?

Damn... I would have won Lib Bingo today if only you had included "Trump wants to date his daughter IVANKA" in your above post.

He's on record and recording describing in detail how hot she is. Since you can't defend the substance you lead with your fap material not realizing its dolt 45's too.

LK is right it’s like everyone has learned nothing from every trump action. Trump is a pussy that wants to look tough and look like he knows what he is doing. So Trump bumbles into a crisis of his own doing, shit happens, the worst case scenario is avoided and trump talks up how he alone solved this huge problem that didn’t even exist until the dumb fuck created it.

You think trump gives a shit if we lose money and lives in a conflict in the ME though?

Unless it’s like they say and this is just a start of the attacks, or trump escalates the situation. Both are possible.

The smart play is to wait this out, and let the situation die now naturally. Tehran most likely does not want all out war with the west, but they have to save face. Let them save and get out of a bad decision without a catastrophic consequence.

I have little faith in Trump.

Catching with this thread but just want to say "with the west?" Dolt 45 is alienating us from all our allies. Every single one. But he likes putin, un, erdogan etc.

Also important to note that those terrible Muslim Iranians somehow managed to reply to trump's assassination of their #2 official with a measured response designed to save face internally while attempting to avoid an actual escalation. They've one upped this president and his good Christian enablers. Think about that for a minute.

Having said that this may not be over. Revenge as a dish best served cold and all that.

Catching with this thread but just want to say "with the west?" Dolt 45 is alienating us from all our allies. Every single one. But he likes putin, un, erdogan etc.

Only people siding with Erdogan are in the squad.

Whooo boy, a lot of nuanced takes on the conflict in my basic English 3 class this morning.

Here's a scary thought. What if Trump thinks he got away with killing Soliemani? Will it embolden him to do something even crazier to get elected? I think it's at least 50/50 if it looks like he might lose.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if multiple Iranian proxies don't carry out attacks in the Spring or Summer. What happened yesterday was a tease. The fact they shot the missiles and didn't a bunch of people shows they are very skilled.

Dunno if he's talking now, but my guess is Trump will brag about getting the terrorist, say he defeated ISIS and is now leaving it up to Iran to continue to beat them down, say he's living up to his promise to bring the troops home and close the bases that were attacked.

Have seen a couple pieces recently on Trump as Jacksonian. This one does a good job drawing a line between Jackson's treatment of white vs. non-white adversaries and Trump's treatment of European vs. non-Euro nationalists. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/iraq-and-iran-have-nationalists-too/604573/ The overarching issue here is that over the past century we have very carefully built a Wilsonian/Hamiltonian global foreign policy structure backed by immense military power, and then we put a Jacksonian in charge of it.

Summary of Mead's four schools of American foreign policy:
http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people3/Mead/mead-con3.html

Dunno if he's talking now, but my guess is Trump will brag about getting the terrorist, say he defeated ISIS and is now leaving it up to Iran to continue to beat them down, say he's living up to his promise to bring the troops home and close the bases that were attacked.

This plus the good economy plus a nothingberger impeachment trials is going to win the election for Trump.

Iran does not want a war with the US; they want a deal. As long as we don't send Obama - aka Neville Chamberlain without an umbrella - to negotiate with them, it's OK to talk to them to see what kind of deal they might be willing to accept.

Iran does not want a war with the US; they want a deal. As long as we don't send Obama - aka Neville Chamberlain without an umbrella - to negotiate with them, it's OK to talk to them to see what kind of deal they might be willing to accept.

Obama took all of their ability to create a nuke away from them for 15 years. That's a huge win for the world. Only crazy, ignorant RWers would say otherwise.

As to negotiating with Trump, why would anyone trust him? His entire adult life has been about lying and backing out of deals or not paying up. Anyone who thinks there is a world leader who trusts Trump is naive and moronic.

Back