• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Grabs, at least admit as a native born white guy living within the borders, you don’t have anything to fear from the cops, white nationalists, ICE, or the military but plenty of other people who aren’t actually do.

Yeah, Ph, no.

I've been unjustly arrested by the police. I've watched my father be beaten nearly to death by police. My privilege was in the form of a settlement.

I've lived in Japan for a year, which makes American racism look like stupid fucking kid games (but I certainly acknowledge how the history of racism in America impacts an individual, redlining, etc.). It would blow me away if you've ever been spit on by another race because of your heritage/race. I have.

I have no idea why you included ICE or the military in that list. I've represented clients in ICE custody. I've tried to join the military and been denied.

Dude these conservative children cannot fathom that the US policies in the Middle East since pre WWII have been an unmitigated disaster at best and have caused immeasurable unnecessary suffering. Even CATO institute acknowledges that. Get your heads out of your asses

Everything America does overseas creates a reaction. I understand that. "Conservative" and "Liberal" people all generally understand that Americans have made missteps in the Middle East - but then again, no country that has put a finger in the Middle East pie has solved the tinder box problem.

Grow in understanding to realize that your American brethren are all working along side you to come up with a solution to our common problems. Discuss, don't dis.

Yeah, Ph, no.

I've been unjustly arrested by the police. I've watched my father be beaten nearly to death by police. My privilege was in the form of a settlement.

I've lived in Japan for a year, which makes American racism look like stupid fucking kid games (but I certainly acknowledge how the history of racism in America impacts an individual, redlining, etc.). It would blow me away if you've ever been spit on by another race because of your heritage/race. I have.

I have no idea why you included ICE or the military in that list. I've represented clients in ICE custody. I've tried to join the military and been denied.

I can't tell if this is serious or not. You weren't in ICE custody or being bombed by our military.

Everything America does overseas creates a reaction. I understand that. "Conservative" and "Liberal" people all generally understand that Americans have made missteps in the Middle East - but then again, no country that has put a finger in the Middle East pie has solved the tinder box problem.

Grow in understanding to realize that your American brethren are all working along side you to come up with a solution to our common problems. Discuss, don't dis.

Don’t you have work to do?

Yeah no. Americans have exploited the region for economic gain for almost 100 years. Most American action is the Middle East is not in search of solutions, but in search of profit for private US citizens and for preservation of Israel for the perceived benefit of American Christians. Your travels have done nothing for your naïveté. It is unfettered profiteering that has spilled the blood of hundreds of thousands of people and galvanized Islamic extremism.

Yeah no. Americans have exploited the region for economic gain for almost 100 years. Most American action is the Middle East is not in search of solutions, but in search of profit for private US citizens and for preservation of Israel for the perceived benefit of American Christians. Your travels have done nothing for your naïveté. It is unfettered profiteering that has spilled the blood of hundreds of thousands of people and galvanized Islamic extremism.

Please don't confuse my optimism and desire to proactively address what I perceive as a widening civil divide with naivete.

You cant bridge a divide when one side of that divide starts off in actual crazy land, if you think the earth is 6000 years old and hope the Middle East turns into a burning inferno to usher in the rapture sorry I’m not walking one inch in your direction to close this perceived divide between batshit crazy and the rest of the sane world.

You cant bridge a divide when one side of that divide starts off in actual crazy land, if you think the earth is 6000 years old and hope the Middle East turns into a burning inferno to usher in the rapture sorry I’m not walking one inch in your direction to close this perceived divide between batshit crazy and the rest of the sane world.

Then take a page out of President Obama's book and find common ground you can work on.

He was a great orator and famous for saying, "the cynics may be the loudest voices - but I promise you, they will accomplish the least."

Then take a page out of President Obama's book and find common ground you can work on.

He was a great orator and famous for saying, "the cynics may be the loudest voices - but I promise you, they will accomplish the least."

Obama tried to find common ground for 8 years, and all he got in response were unceasing efforts to block pretty much everything he wanted, from a Supreme Court justice and lower federal judges to Obamacare and foreign policy and pretty much everything else. It's rather hard to find common ground when the other side's idea of compromise is to block or destroy everything you want and believe in, then rub your noses in it and still tell you that you're the problem.

Obama tried to find common ground for 8 years, and all he got in response were unceasing efforts to block pretty much everything he wanted, from a Supreme Court justice and lower federal judges to Obamacare and foreign policy and pretty much everything else. It's rather hard to find common ground when the other side's idea of compromise is to block or destroy everything you want and believe in, then rub your noses in it and still tell you that you're the problem.

This.

Any honest Republican paying attention and not utterly brainwashed should have been disgusted by their party’s destructive and dishonest refusal to work with Obama, who tried hard to work positive change from a largely centrist and highly reasonable platform.

Very few of our citizens have been/are.

It's what I get while I wait on Abobe to OCR evidence. <3 I can't help myself when Ph says things like that.

No shit. We're talking about bad things the US has done everywhere to everybody, not just in the US or our citizens.

This.

Any honest Republican paying attention and not utterly brainwashed should have been disgusted by their party’s destructive and dishonest refusal to work with Obama, who tried hard to work positive change from a largely centrist and highly reasonable platform.

I remember Obamacare being passed during those eight years. I think that's been a thing on liberal minds for at least the past three decades.

I remember Obamacare being passed during those eight years. I think that's been a thing on liberal minds for at least the past three decades.

How many Congressional Republicans voted for Obamacare? Your point was to suggest that compromise is possible, yet the whole Obamacare fight would seem to indicate how unwilling Republicans have been to compromise or work with Democrats nowadays.

ETA: And the GOP is still trying to undo Obamacare nearly a decade after it was passed. And they're very close to succeeding.

John Kerry going balls deep on the President on Iran on O’Donnell show.

How many Congressional Republicans voted for Obamacare? Your point was to suggest that compromise is possible, yet the whole Obamacare fight would seem to indicate how unwilling Republicans have been to compromise or work with Democrats nowadays.

ETA: And the GOP is still trying to undo Obamacare nearly a decade after it was passed. And they're very close to succeeding.

Exactly. Obamacare itself is a Republican plan first designed by Romney the GOP 2012 presidential nominee. The Dems took the idea and still not a single GOP senator voted for. Romney even ran against his own damn plan two years later. How do you compromise or build bridges with an opposition who’s only goal is to make liberals cry?

Back