• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Pretty sure you can avoid the not so thinly veiled racism and remind everyone that white christian nationalists are far more violent in America than Muslims.

Islam isn’t a race. Criticism of an ideology isn’t racist.

Pretty sure you can avoid the not so thinly veiled racism and remind everyone that white christian nationalists are far more violent in America than Muslims.

Isn’t there a specific religious based vendetta against him?

It would take a few hundred 9/11s to catch up to white nationalists.

It’s almost as if all religions have a violent streak.

Also, let’s not down play 9/11. That was a pretty shitty day.

Isn’t there a specific religious based vendetta against him?

Ayatollah Khomeini declared a fatwa against Rushdie like 30 years ago for a book called The Satanic Verses that criticizes the prophet Muhammad in very provocative ways. I don’t think Iran really gives a shit about Rushdie anymore

This is true. But also, if you had to guess which religion put a hit out on Rushdie, it would not be hard.

Maybe? I feel like most of the women who have been killed for trying to read might disagree.

How many American women have Muslims killed for trying to read?

Yeah but it was one day not the foundation of the country.

Ph, I was referring to women living under draconian Muslim regimes. Not American women.

Ph, I was referring to women living under draconian Muslim regimes. Not American women.

We were talking about violence in this country.

Yeah but it was one day not the foundation of the country.

It was kinda about the foundation of western society. Wealth and power accumulation through imperialism and theft over a few centuries.

I mean...Salman Rushdie did fuck around for years. He even made participated in making fun of the fatwa on Curb.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Would you accept being stabbed multiple times at age 75!if it meant that you got to be married to Padma Lakshmi for 3 years 18 years prior to the stabbing?

Back