• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

If the 70 cruise missle figure is correct then tonight's attack cost the US a little over 100 million dollars.

You can approve of these strikes/actions while still thinking Trump can't be impeached and removed from office fast enough.

I am not going to win with flag wavers, so I will leave for the night. This was completely predictable before the gassing. Trump has no knowledge of history of anything. He just reacts. I would be more impressed if anyone in this administration had enunciated any kind of foreign policy plan. Enjoy patting yourselves on the back for being such a righteous country. Hope your relatives don't have to serve in whatever inevitable war your president serves up.

The best reaction is all the trump bots on twitter flipping to anti trump calling him a globalist cuck and that the jews and world order have won. Easy to pinpoint the Russian supporters now.

Lol. There's a great daily beast article today about Bannon calling Kushner a globalist cuck.

I am not going to win with flag wavers, so I will leave for the night. This was completely predictable before the gassing. Trump has no knowledge of history of anything. He just reacts. I would be more impressed if anyone in this administration had enunciated any kind of foreign policy plan. Enjoy patting yourselves on the back for being such a righteous country. Hope your relatives don't have to serve in whatever inevitable war your president serves up.

He chooses to forget history.

You can approve of these strikes/actions while still thinking Trump can't be impeached and removed from office fast enough.

.... I thought part of the wanting him to be impeached is that he doesn't think things through and will do literally anything for PR, including dropping bombs? But it's OK if you like the target?

I just really don't fucking get it. An American drone strike on Mosul killed hundreds of Iraqi citizens, including lots of children, and no one bats a fucking eye. Now suddenly Trump is forced to act on Syria?

All depends on what lens you decide to view the world with. For most people in this country the sad reality is if it's the US doing it, it is automatically right and just, even further what "God" wants.

Yeah we actually had an extended discussion in my International Law class today about whether a strike like this would be legal under international law (spoiler alert: probably not) and under domestic law by the President without going to Congress (probably not, but maybe a closer question).

Below is a pretty good article that breaks down the legal issues, but the basic international law rule in the UN Charter is that you're not allowed to attack a state, other than in self defense, unless the Security Council authorizes it (which won't happen here because Russia has a veto). There's some question about whether the NATO bombings of Yugoslavia because of atrocities in Kosovo established a new rule of customary international law that allows for third-party states to intervene in the event of law of war violations committed by states against their own citizens, but this is very controversial and far from settled.

https://www.justsecurity.org/39674/syrian-strikes-violate-u-n-charter-constitution/

Is it worth watching TV news about this right now? If so, which station?

Ok. The usual bullshit. My parents were staying here the last two weeks so a few times I turned the TV on at night for the first time since the afternoon and CNN came on. My first reaction was "WTF is this shit. Eww!"

Great Facebook post from a buddy of mine:

Here is the central point of the absurdity of Trump and this choice: he was completely behind assad staying in power and had zero interest in talking about Assad what so ever for a solid 18 months. Then Assad does what every sane person who knows what they are talking about finds wholly unsurprising, and Trump says "my attitude towards Assad has changed" and starts launching missiles. This is a prime example of how wholly unqualified he is for this position and how it required abject hysteria on the part of millions to get this guy in office. He has NO CLUE what he is doing in any facet of his job. It is the most dangerous scam in modern history.

It's also like he can't connect the dots between what a refugee is and where and why they might be fleeing an area. Those Syrian refugees you want to ban yeah they are fleeing so they ohh I don't know don't get gassed.

Ok. The usual bullshit. My parents were staying here the last two weeks so a few times I turned the TV on at night for the first time since the afternoon and CNN came on. My first reaction was "WTF is this shit. Eww!"

Great Facebook post from a buddy of mine:

Here is the central point of the absurdity of Trump and this choice: he was completely behind assad staying in power and had zero interest in talking about Assad what so ever for a solid 18 months. Then Assad does what every sane person who knows what they are talking about finds wholly unsurprising, and Trump says "my attitude towards Assad has changed" and starts launching missiles. This is a prime example of how wholly unqualified he is for this position and how it required abject hysteria on the part of millions to get this guy in office. He has NO CLUE what he is doing in any facet of his job. It is the most dangerous scam in modern history.

Well I mean not only that, but this isn't the first time Assad has used chemical weapons.

Right. That's why it's ridiculous that THIS TIME Trump changed his attitude.

Back