• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

The idea that Trump is personally ignorant or opposed to immigrants is rather moot. The actual important truth is that Trump won the election by stoking nationalist xenophobic fear/anger of immigrants. He maintains that platform because it keeps his voters loyal to him despite any thing else he lies about or fucks up. The point is, of all the things that Trump is going to flip-flop on, his being shitty to immigrants won't change, because he needs that to win.

Ok, someone try to explain why the Syria raid is not merely a fire-works show. I mean we told them where and when we were going to hit.

Were there any casualties? What was actually accomplished outside of "a show of power" for the rubes against the mighty Russia...so clearly Trump is not in cahoots with Russia.

why did we tell them prior if this was in response to the autocracies performed by Assad.

think about the beautiful babies

Don't know what thread to put this in, but big scoop in Axos today that Trump is apparently looking at dumping both Reince and Bannon in favor of Kevin McCarthy.

Ok, someone try to explain why the Syria raid is not merely a fire-works show. I mean we told them where and when we were going to hit.

Were there any casualties? What was actually accomplished outside of "a show of power" for the rubes against the mighty Russia...so clearly Trump is not in cahoots with Russia.

why did we tell them prior if this was in response to the autocracies performed by Assad.

since it was just a show of force, im sure that was on the advice of joint chiefs to let russia move their shit and let assad limit human casualties. advising of the targets is irrelevant when your blowing up static targets airfield facilities with cruise missiles

I think it's actually a little more of a fuck you to be like "hey, by the way, we're going to render one of your only 6-7 airports useless in the next couple hours so move what you want."

Don't know what thread to put this in, but big scoop in Axos today that Trump is apparently looking at dumping both Reince and Bannon in favor of Kevin McCarthy.

If that happens, Republican leadership might be weird with Trump being quietly hostile to Ryan.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. Clinton was in favor of this (as noted by her comments yesterday) and I saw several reports early this morning that almost an identical plan of attack was drawn up for Obama in 2013 even though they ultimately didn't go through with it.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. Clinton was in favor of this (as noted by her comments yesterday) and I saw several reports early this morning that almost an identical plan of attack was drawn up for Obama in 2013 even though they ultimately didn't go through with it.

So instead of developing your own viewpoint, you are sheeping off of whatever Clinton and/or Obama tell you is the right answer. Solid work, counselor.

it's laughable to think either new administration would've stood by after another gas attack

One aspect that I do find troubling though is that the recent gas attack killed way fewer people than the 2013 Ghouta chemical attack did, which was almost certainly also carried out by the Syrian Government and al-Assad. I realize Donald was "deeply moved by the pictures" he saw (which is also troubling - making decisions based more on pictures than on policy doesn't seem that smart as a long-term plan) and that it's four years later, but it's odd that his reaction is so different now than it was in 2013 (don't go attacking Syria Barack!!!)

So instead of developing your own viewpoint, you are sheeping off of whatever Clinton and/or Obama tell you is the right answer. Solid work, counselor.

No I don't think it's smart to draw conclusions within 12 hours of an attack in determining whether or not it was a good idea. I included the second sentence to note that this type of attack was the type of attack that either party would likely have ordered.

Thanks for continuing to be your antagonistic douchetastic self though. It's always so fun to have you around.

There have been many other gas attacks between the "red line" one in 2013 and the one on Tuesday.

think about the beautiful babies

you are a fucking idiot. But a super intelligent one. Honestly, its a fucking message that the US will hit Syria if Russia can't keep their friend in line. The US wasn't trying to start WW3 and bomb Russia planes.

Back