• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

you are a fucking idiot. But a super intelligent one. Honestly, its a fucking message that the US will hit Syria if Russia can't keep their friend in line. The US wasn't trying to start WW3 and bomb Russia planes.

this seems illogical to me. It was the responsibility of Russia to relieve Syria of their sarin gas. They failed and Assad used it on their people again.

so you are saying that our message is that we will shoot some missiles at an agreed upon vacant site (one of six airports)? i understand that we don't want to start WW3, but this was not really a "message" it was a waste of money and a show for the Tumpsters...maybe an illegal one.

the time to act with a "message" was back in 2013, this shit is a joke.

it's not a waste of money. we immediately degraded their military capacity for little cost (YMMV). and a military airport is not 'vacant land'

Obama didnt act in 2013 and he continued to use gas. Whether he will going forward and will Russia step in to protect him further, is the question

The bolded just gets a big Thanks, Obama all the way around. I get his decision not to use force at the time, but to try to justify it as a "settlement" that would actually be adhered to was pandering to begin with and another example of him getting steamrolled in foreign policy. He was either an idiot to agree to it or just sorry for turning a blind eye to nobody taking it seriously.

i agree with 2&2, and not because i am a Yankee fan, but Obama really misplayed the 2013 issue. I think we turned a blind eye because we get nothing out of it...i guarantee that the situation would have been much different (we would have cared more) if they had oil.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/eyewitness-syrian-military-anticipated-us-raid/story?id=46641107

"This attack on one air base seems more symbolic," Clarke said. "I think Secretary of Defense [General] James Mattis gave the president a list of options, this being the smallest. It was a targeted attack not designed to overwhelm the Syrian military ... I think the president was trying to differentiate himself from his predecessor."

everyone was evacuated and they moved equipment. maybe a future Trump golf course and had to clear the land?

Last edited:
But it kinda highlights how naive private citizens' opinions are then, right?

naive at best, in Trump's case. which is why taking his pre-election tweets as some sort of policy manifesto/hypocrisy mine is exhausting and counterproductive. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt with this decision but i really don't think it was some sort of poll-number boosting, 'murica! ploy, either. Like i said, I strongly believe Hillary would have done something similar if put in this situation. You know, like she said hours before the strike.

naive at best, in Trump's case. which is why taking his pre-election tweets as some sort of policy manifesto/hypocrisy mine is exhausting and counterproductive. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt with this decision but i really don't think it was some sort of poll-number boosting, 'murica! ploy, either. Like i said, I strongly believe Hillary would have done something similar if put in this situation. You know, like she said hours before the strike.

That naivety is all voters had to go on in terms of Trump's record.

Huh, maybe our process for picking presidents and legislators is something we should revisit, maybe

but the fact that our traditional allies are are basically silent is disquieting

Well they can't be happy with the complete lack of warning, unlike most actions where allies are consulted apparently most were unaware and learned of the impending strike through the media and twitter. Our own state department was in the dark which probably also doesn't help with communication to allies.

Our allies need to get on Twitter.

i agree with 2&2, and not because i am a Yankee fan, but Obama really misplayed the 2013 issue. I think we turned a blind eye because we get nothing out of it...i guarantee that the situation would have been much different (we would have cared more) if they had oil.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/eyewitness-syrian-military-anticipated-us-raid/story?id=46641107

"This attack on one air base seems more symbolic," Clarke said. "I think Secretary of Defense [General] James Mattis gave the president a list of options, this being the smallest. It was a targeted attack not designed to overwhelm the Syrian military ... I think the president was trying to differentiate himself from his predecessor."

everyone was evacuated and they moved equipment. maybe a future Trump golf course and had to clear the land?

we did get a immigration crisis of epic proportions so sometimes getting nothing is something right?

david frum is not impressed with donald trump

Seven Lessons From Trump's Syria Strike
The attack raises a series of questions about the president’s approach to America’s political processes and institutions.

presidential actions are always murky WRT to legality, especially military action so I'm not surprised about that being an issue w/ Trump, but the fact that our traditional allies are are basically silent is disquieting

meh change Trump for Obama and it still plays. Even Obama's extreme left supporters turned on him during his presidency.

Good read from The Atlantic.

http://theatln.tc/2nSehj1

Awesome is it an article that discusses a point of view from both angles with the type of unbiased reporting you have been known to crave?: r does good read mean it give you a chubby and reminds you that you were just thinking the same thing reaffirming your intelligence?

Read it and let me know what you think.

Senior military officials say the U.S. is looking into whether Russia participated in Syria’s chemical weapons attack earlier this week.

The officials say Russia has failed to control the Syrian government’s use of chemical weapons.

They say a drone belonging either to Russia or Syria was seen hovering over the site of the chemical weapons attack Tuesday after it happened. The drone returned late in the day as citizens were going to a nearby hospital for treatment. Shortly afterward, officials say the hospital was bombed.

The officials say they believe the hospital attack may have been an effort to cover up evidence of the attack.

it does seem odd to me that the broadest consensus seems to be "we have a lunatic ignorant baby that's president, but i agree with his decision to shoot missiles"

latest

Back