• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

weird, because you posted this:

as a response to a comment about a 180 degree, apparently snap decision by Trump.

or do you hold both avenues equally bad

There's bad and worse and I have no idea what good would be. So can you explain where I said something worked?

It must suck to be other countries trying to wave rule violations by the United States during a useless committee meeting. It's the USA's shitty attitude that often escalates situations and leads to the world policing. Like I'm sure the response is sit down and shut the fuck up Bolivia.

i didn't say you claimed that it worked. i just pointed out obama's policy didn't work. i think anyone reasonable would read your response and infer that you thought a path of deliberate, heads together, nonviolent diplomacy is superior to snap decision diplomacy

it does seem odd to me that the broadest consensus seems to be "we have a lunatic ignorant baby that's president, but i agree with his decision to shoot missiles"

Do you live in some weird millennial twitter world detached from actual reality? While the consensus may be that Trump is "ignorant", there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and will likely do some good things as President despite his probable many failures. Just as Obama was an unqualified buffoon for his position, there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and did some good things as President despite his many, many failures in the position.

It is okay to admit once in a while that not all things in life and all people are accurately captured in force-fed partisan extremes consisting of 140 characters or less.

It must suck to be other countries trying to wave rule violations by the United States during a useless committee meeting. It's the USA's shitty attitude that often escalates situations and leads to the world policing. Like I'm sure the response is sit down and shut the fuck up Bolivia.

Meh, that's life. Bolivia can go back to their safe space.

i don't really use twitter unless someone links it on here and I also got that consensus

Russia to tell Assad to stop bombing his own people, probably. Or Russia to occupy Syria. I don't know, but let's not pretend previous plans worked out.

Nobody did.

weird, because you posted this:

as a response to a comment about a 180 degree, apparently snap decision by Trump.

or do you hold both avenues equally bad

i didn't say you claimed that it worked. i just pointed out obama's policy didn't work. i think anyone reasonable would read your response and infer that you thought a path of deliberate, heads together, nonviolent diplomacy is superior to snap decision diplomacy

ITC, just say you read my post again and you misunderstood the first time.

ITC, just say you read my post again and you misunderstood the first time.

what was the purpose of this post, then?

Which hundreds of people on both sides did 4 years ago which resulted in a diplomatic approach. The goal should be to seek some equilibrium with Assad. Not easy, but more plausible than finding a workable replacement.

To say that a path of deliberate, heads together, nonviolent diplomacy is superior to snap decision diplomacy.

cool, so we tried that and russia has more influence and assad still gasses people. success...?

so i guess Syria launched air strikes from the battered airfield today. lolz

cool, so we tried that and russia has more influence and assad still gasses people. success...?

Like I said. There's bad and there's worse. I'll take bad until anybody can come up with something that has a reasonable chance at being good.

so i guess Syria launched air strikes from the battered airfield today. lolz

Trump, who for the first time yesterday became truly PRESIDENTIAL, stuck with his campaign promise to not give any warning or heads up before attacking, except to tell everyone, including Russia (which means Assad) and, apparently, New Zealand about the probably illegal attack, to make sure everyone moved the expensive shit out of the way in case we hit it, which we wouldn't have anyway because apparently we didn't hit anything of value with $100M in US missiles used purely as a political distraction. He found his footing yesterday, friends. Fucking rubes.

Last edited:
Do you live in some weird millennial twitter world detached from actual reality? While the consensus may be that Trump is "ignorant", there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and will likely do some good things as President despite his probable many failures. Just as Obama was an unqualified buffoon for his position, there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and did some good things as President despite his many, many failures in the position.

It is okay to admit once in a while that not all things in life and all people are accurately captured in force-fed partisan extremes consisting of 140 characters or less.

Ironic

Back