Page 19 of 137 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    weird, because you posted this:

as a response to a comment about a 180 degree, apparently snap decision by Trump.

or do you hold both avenues equally bad

There's bad and worse and I have no idea what good would be. So can you explain where I said something worked?

It must suck to be other countries trying to wave rule violations by the United States during a useless committee meeting. It's the USA's shitty attitude that often escalates situations and leads to the world policing. Like I'm sure the response is sit down and shut the fuck up Bolivia.

I disagree with you
    i didn't say you claimed that it worked. i just pointed out obama's policy didn't work. i think anyone reasonable would read your response and infer that you thought a path of deliberate, heads together, nonviolent diplomacy is superior to snap decision diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    it does seem odd to me that the broadest consensus seems to be "we have a lunatic ignorant baby that's president, but i agree with his decision to shoot missiles"
    Do you live in some weird millennial twitter world detached from actual reality? While the consensus may be that Trump is "ignorant", there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and will likely do some good things as President despite his probable many failures. Just as Obama was an unqualified buffoon for his position, there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and did some good things as President despite his many, many failures in the position.

It is okay to admit once in a while that not all things in life and all people are accurately captured in force-fed partisan extremes consisting of 140 characters or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    It must suck to be other countries trying to wave rule violations by the United States during a useless committee meeting. It's the USA's shitty attitude that often escalates situations and leads to the world policing. Like I'm sure the response is sit down and shut the fuck up Bolivia.
    Meh, that's life. Bolivia can go back to their safe space.

I disagree with you
    i don't really use twitter unless someone links it on here and I also got that consensus

Russia to tell Assad to stop bombing his own people, probably. Or Russia to occupy Syria. I don't know, but let's not pretend previous plans worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Nobody did.
    weird, because you posted this:

as a response to a comment about a 180 degree, apparently snap decision by Trump.

or do you hold both avenues equally bad
    i didn't say you claimed that it worked. i just pointed out obama's policy didn't work. i think anyone reasonable would read your response and infer that you thought a path of deliberate, heads together, nonviolent diplomacy is superior to snap decision diplomacy

ITC, just say you read my post again and you misunderstood the first time.

I disagree with you
    ITC, just say you read my post again and you misunderstood the first time.
    what was the purpose of this post, then?

Which hundreds of people on both sides did 4 years ago which resulted in a diplomatic approach. The goal should be to seek some equilibrium with Assad. Not easy, but more plausible than finding a workable replacement.

To say that a path of deliberate, heads together, nonviolent diplomacy is superior to snap decision diplomacy.

I disagree with you
    cool, so we tried that and russia has more influence and assad still gasses people. success...?

I disagree with you
    so i guess Syria launched air strikes from the battered airfield today. lolz

cool, so we tried that and russia has more influence and assad still gasses people. success...?
    Like I said. There's bad and there's worse. I'll take bad until anybody can come up with something that has a reasonable chance at being good.

Scooter Banks

so i guess Syria launched air strikes from the battered airfield today. lolz
    Trump, who for the first time yesterday became truly PRESIDENTIAL, stuck with his campaign promise to not give any warning or heads up before attacking, except to tell everyone, including Russia (which means Assad) and, apparently, New Zealand about the probably illegal attack, to make sure everyone moved the expensive shit out of the way in case we hit it, which we wouldn't have anyway because apparently we didn't hit anything of value with $100M in US missiles used purely as a political distraction. He found his footing yesterday, friends. Fucking rubes.
    Last edited by Shooshmoo; 04-07-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    Do you live in some weird millennial twitter world detached from actual reality? While the consensus may be that Trump is "ignorant", there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and will likely do some good things as President despite his probable many failures. Just as Obama was an unqualified buffoon for his position, there is no question that he is a relatively smart person who has done well in life and did some good things as President despite his many, many failures in the position.

It is okay to admit once in a while that not all things in life and all people are accurately captured in force-fed partisan extremes consisting of 140 characters or less.
    Ironic

Scooter Banks

Duped and distracted again. Only took $100M this time.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    What a fucking shitbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    What a fucking shitbird.
    Huh, I wonder where he got that from.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mpaign-e-mails