• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Trump, who for the first time yesterday became truly PRESIDENTIAL, stuck with his campaign promise to not give any warning or heads up before attacking, except to tell everyone, including Russia (which means Assad) and, apparently, New Zealand about the probably illegal attack, to make sure everyone moved the expensive shit out of the way in case we hit it, which we wouldn't have anyway because apparently we didn't hit anything of value with $100M in US missiles used purely as a political distraction. He found his footing yesterday, friends. Fucking rubes.

numb nuts he was talking about dropping leaflets days in advance tell isis they were coming into and bombing etc. typical to misinterpret and build your whole disgust off bullshit. honestly for a board full of left geniuses I see a lot of dumb on here.

I feel like I'm not seeing some commas.

numb nuts he was talking about dropping leaflets days in advance tell isis they were coming into and bombing etc. typical to misinterpret and build your whole disgust off bullshit. honestly for a board full of left geniuses I see a lot of dumb on here.

85f090ed202940f2affa7e29a89abd05.jpg

It must suck to be other countries trying to wave rule violations by the United States during a useless committee meeting. It's the USA's shitty attitude that often escalates situations and leads to the world policing. Like I'm sure the response is sit down and shut the fuck up Bolivia.

Yeah it's a Security Council public meeting, those don't happen very often, not exactly a "useless committee meeting". And Bolivia had a point. Still too early to tell about the Trump administration, but past administrations have really cared about making sure that U.S. actions comply with international law. The U.S. worked really hard to get Security Council resolutions for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (didn't succeed on that one, but tried hard nevertheless).

Seems like Syria still able to use the air field we hit with missiles.

I'm thinking Iran is probably not part of the equation here. Possible, but not likely.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-syria-mount-chemical-attack-185445306.html

still not too clear on why the Syrian regime did it

but the idea that Assad did not know about it seems to have merit

hit against Sunnis seems also a significant component, so maybe Iran is also a part of the answer

Read a decent opinion piece that they might have done it pursuant to the comments the Trump administration made a few days earlier that they weren't going to go after Assad. Maybe they thought they had a blank check to do whatever without risking U.S. intervention.

I think there's some suggestion that we weren't trying to hit the runways

Read a decent opinion piece that they might have done it pursuant to the comments the Trump administration made a few days earlier that they weren't going to go after Assad. Maybe they thought they had a blank check to do whatever without risking U.S. intervention.

Could be. North Korea invaded South Korea after US implied that SK was outside the US defense perimeter and the Korean War started. So, what the administration had said a few days ago could have been involved, and then Trump's tomahawk shower may have been - in part - an effort to correct the impression.

Could be. North Korea invaded South Korea after US implied that SK was outside the US defense perimeter and the Korean War started. So, what the administration had said a few days ago could have been involved, and then Trump's tomahawk shower may have been - in part - an effort to correct the impression.

I'm struggling to find the equivalencies in any of these statements.

A CNN news bunny brought on a Syrian refugee with the expectation he would blast Trump. She got more than she bargained for.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/0...an-refugee-slams-clinton-obama-praises-trump/

"With all due respect, with all due respect," Kassem began. "I didn't see each and every person who was demonstrating after the travel ban... I didn't see you three days ago when people were gassed to death...I didn't see you in 2013 when 1,400 people were gassed to death. I didn't see you raising your voice against President Obama's inaction in Syria that left us refugees," he said, completely deflating her expectations.

"If you really care about refugees, if you really care about helping us, please -- help us stay here in our country," he continued. "We don't want to come to the United States. We want to stay in our country. We want to stay in our country," he repeated. "With all due respect, this is hypocrisy. If you really care, if you really care...help us stay in our country. We don't want to become refugees. We want to stay in our country. Help us establish safe zones", he pleaded.

I have been too busy to follow this story closely or read the threads, but it smells like some contrived bullshit to distract from the Russia investigations and possibly the Russians were in on it. Seems like political theater and not much of a military strike.

Back