• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

For fucks sake Donald. I've had my head down in work all day, not paying attention to news for the first time in what feels like months. I come home and the first three articles I come across are:

Trump Puts Iran on Notice
Trump Threatens to send US military to Mexico to take care of bad hombres
Trump has angry call with Australian PM

What the fuck? I'm all for peace through strength but this is just dumb cowboy shit.

And everything is still cool with Russia. Still nothing to see here.

For fucks sake Donald. I've had my head down in work all day, not paying attention to news for the first time in what feels like months. I come home and the first three articles I come across are:

Trump Puts Iran on Notice
Trump Threatens to send US military to Mexico to take care of bad hombres
Trump has angry call with Australian PM

What the fuck? I'm all for peace through strength but this is just dumb cowboy shit.

And everything is still cool with Russia. Still nothing to see here.

more fake news but nothing gets a liberal harder than some fake trump news in the morning.

I think Iran has been putting the world on notice including Israel. Obama kicked the can down the road. At what point do you put Iran on notice? After they have nuke capabilities?
I don't think people understand how much the US is hated, despised and looked at as the cause of every issue in the world.
It is scary rhetoric but knock it off was taken.

You actually have the ability to complain about this, given that you have generally been in favor of a robust military. bsf, ever the dove, does not without being a huge fucking hypocrite.

I don't agree with your position, but at least it is consistent. But the libertarian/alt-right wing of this board who has been praising President Trump for sucking Putin's dick because the alternative was Clinton being a war monger need to admit that they were way the fuck off.

So Trump pissed off the Australians, probably the nicest people on the planet. Good work, Donald!

more fake news but nothing gets a liberal harder than some fake trump news in the morning.

From ABC (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-mexico-care-bad-hombres-us-45214155):

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the details publicly, described the conversation as "pleasant and constructive."

"You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt given to the AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

The comments came last Friday in a phone call between Trump and Pena Nieto. The excerpt from the transcript did not detail exactly whom Trump considers "bad hombres," nor did it make clear the tone and context of the remark.

So it sounds like he made the comments, but it's unclear of in what capacity or tone he meant them.

I think that "threat" seems strong given what I read (from a few different websites, left and right), but not exactly fake news bud.

You actually have the ability to complain about this, given that you have generally been in favor of a robust military. bsf, ever the dove, does not without being a huge fucking hypocrite.

I don't agree with your position, but at least it is consistent. But the libertarian/alt-right wing of this board who has been praising President Trump for sucking Putin's dick because the alternative was Clinton being a war monger need to admit that they were way the fuck off.

Sig I am in favor of a robust military for this very reason. Fact is the hate, resentment and bitterness toward the US is not going away. In fact it grows more and more because their validated by the ranting of the left. Obama drastically changed US foreign policy and it did nothing for the US standing in the world. The more the US retreats something will fill that void. See ISIS. Obama gave Iran everything they wanted plus billions of dollars cash. All they do is spit in America's face, fund terrorism and wars by proxy, threaten to wipe Israel of the face of the world and take US navy as hostages and humiliate them. I mean Obama didn't even work in the release of a US citizen in the deal they made? Then Iran pesters and tries to antagonise the US Navy with no response? Russia the same? I mean if there ever was some indication that you need to project strength and invest in it I don't know what is?

Sig I am in favor of a robust military for this very reason. Fact is the hate, resentment and bitterness toward the US is not going away. In fact it grows more and more because their validated by the ranting of the left. Obama drastically changed US foreign policy and it did nothing for the US standing in the world. The more the US retreats something will fill that void. See ISIS. Obama gave Iran everything they wanted plus billions of dollars cash. All they do is spit in America's face, fund terrorism and wars by proxy, threaten to wipe Israel of the face of the world and take US navy as hostages and humiliate them. I mean Obama didn't even work in the release of a US citizen in the deal they made? Then Iran pesters and tries to antagonise the US Navy with no response? Russia the same? I mean if there ever was some indication that you need to project strength and invest in it I don't know what is?

You think hate, resentment, and bitterness toward the US grows because of ranting of the left, but strong military posturing will somehow stem that tide?

You think hate, resentment, and bitterness toward the US grows because of ranting of the left, but strong military posturing will somehow stem that tide?

I think the hate and bitterness grows because of the US's actions militarily. I talk to people from Iraq, Pakistan, Iran quite a bit and their sentiment is the US has fucked up the world. US goes in to Iraq for wrong reasons and the US pulls out for wrong reasons and fucks the Iraqi people. I think this idea of the liberal hate train of America being rich greedy billionaires, racist xenophobic war hungry dirty corrupt only reinforces their resentment. Gov't show the sick shit said about the US by US citizens and it validates their feelings. This includes the shitty things Trump says.

I am saying because of that I don't think shrinking back into the hedges will end or be beneficial to the US and its people.

D7in the last 8 years have you seen any tide stemmed ?

I think the hate and bitterness grows because of the US's actions militarily. I talk to people from Iraq, Pakistan, Iran quite a bit and their sentiment is the US has fucked up the world. US goes in to Iraq for wrong reasons and the US pulls out for wrong reasons and fucks the Iraqi people. I think this idea of the liberal hate train of America being rich greedy billionaires, racist xenophobic war hungry dirty corrupt only reinforces their resentment. Gov't show the sick shit said about the US by US citizens and it validates their feelings. This includes the shitty things Trump says.

I am saying because of that I don't think shrinking back into the hedges will end or be beneficial to the US and its people.

Of course not, but I also don't buy the rhetoric of an "apology tour". The bitterness will exist as long as we are on top. I try not to get too upset about it. I'm not sure waving our military dicks around is the best way to interact with our neighbors though, but that is obviously what people wanted when they voted for Trump.

How do you mix your views on President Obama's foreign policy weakness with the fact that he had such an active drone program?

What? Which part reinforces their resentment? American who are "rich greedy billionaires, racist xenophobic war hungry dirty corrupt?" Or liberals who hate that Americans are "rich greedy billionaires, racist xenophobic war hungry dirty corrupt?"

Please explain. Verbatim quotes of the president are not "fake news." Are you denying that Trump said the words?

From ABC (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-mexico-care-bad-hombres-us-45214155):

So it sounds like he made the comments, but it's unclear of in what capacity or tone he meant them.

I think that "threat" seems strong given what I read (from a few different websites, left and right), but not exactly fake news bud.

Bump, so he can actually see that Trump said the words.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the details publicly, described the conversation as "pleasant and constructive."

"You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt given to the AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

The comments came last Friday in a phone call between Trump and Pena Nieto. The excerpt from the transcript did not detail exactly whom Trump considers "bad hombres," nor did it make clear the tone and context of the remark.

These guys appear to be dying to start a war with Iran.

Back