• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

I am hearing from "experts " that these chemical attacks are all staged by rebels to garner support.

Well it does seem to make no sense for Assad to have done it given all indications were he was winning the war and we were pulling out. But that's just one take I'm reading.

no one seems to doubt that Assad's forces are capable and willing to use chemical weapons, even against civilians

why should anyone doubt that his opponents would too?

the target was civilians and supposedly a hospital, not the rebel military, strange if it was done by Assad's forces, not so strange if it was done by the rebels to provoke a strike by the west against Assad

So the president warned Russia, via twitter, about the likely strikes while the plan was still be formulated. It's almost as if he himself owes Russia/Putin and wanted to give them a heads up.

I saw on conservative patriots for america dot com that the gas attacks are staged by the rebels. No line crossed.

Nah, it was the Deep State according to the former National Security Advisor's son.

Not that crazy. Trump announces he wants to be out and you want him in. It's like Lenin said, you look for the person who will benefit.

No, it’s definitely crazy to think the American “deep state” used chemical weapons in an unstable nation to lure their own nation’s President whom they allegedly dislike into an unenviable position and decision on entering a war.

I mean it’s completely off the grid as far as crazy goes.

no one seems to doubt that Assad's forces are capable and willing to use chemical weapons, even against civilians

why should anyone doubt that his opponents would too?

the target was civilians and supposedly a hospital, not the rebel military, strange if it was done by Assad's forces, not so strange if it was done by the rebels to provoke a strike by the west against Assad

Back in March Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov claimed that Syrian rebels were planning to stage a chemical attack to give the US-led coalition a pretext to strike Damascus.

"New provocations with the use of chemical weapons are being prepared -- performances will be organised in Eastern Ghouta, among others," Lavrov told reporters. Moscow has "reliable information that fighters are preparing to stage the use by government troops of chemical weapons against the civilian population". He alleged that the US plans to accuse Assad's troops of using chemical weapons against civilians and then "carry out a bombing attack" on Damascus.

http://www.gulf-times.com/story/585075/Moscow-claims-Syria-rebels-plan-to-stage-chemical-

Take out the Syrian AF and one of Assad's palaces. That will get his attention.

War time! 21:00 EST announcement

Back