• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

That's interesting because I just saw two people on CNN proclaim we would crush them. But a war with anyone would suck and should be avoided.

Of course war should be avoided at all costs. Trump is clearly the craziest president that I can recall and the last person they should test.

Trump thinks the real world is a game of Risk. After all neither he nor any of his family would ever have to participate.

With the exception of the war mongering Netanyahu, end of days Christians and insane American RWers, people realize the Iran deal was an amazing deal that gives the world peace with Iran for a generation. Only morons and the brainwashed think this is a better deal.

Former US Secretaries of State from Kissinger through the Bushes and Kerry understand this is a remarkable deal.

Nonsense. Unless you think someone else will come to the aid of Iran.

Half of the United States hates the president and you have hundreds of thousands of protesters already in the streets. Iran could simply follow the Iraq insurgency gameplan and wait until the America populace forces a pull out.

Half of the United States hates the president and you have hundreds of thousands of protesters already in the streets. Iran could simply follow the Iraq insurgency gameplan and wait until the America populace forces a pull out.

I doubt Trump would follow the gameplan of recent presidents. Could see a heavy reliance on guided missiles, carpet bombing, and if that doesn't bring them to their knees, nuclear weapons.

Why would we go to war with Iran period? What in the world is different about US-Iran relations over the last year? The deal was pretty innocuous and seemingly a good deal for everyone involved.

Again, the issue is that most Americans don't know a damn thing about Iran and are just spouting off polarized opinions based on the Middle East at large and a nebulous threat of "nuclear proliferation."

I doubt Trump would follow the gameplan of recent presidents. Could see a heavy reliance on guided missiles, carpet bombing, and if that doesn't bring them to their knees, nuclear weapons.

So massive war crimes. Good strategy.

Why would we go to war with Iran period? What in the world is different about US-Iran relations over the last year? The deal was pretty innocuous and seemingly a good deal for everyone involved.

Again, the issue is that most Americans don't know a damn thing about Iran and are just spouting off polarized opinions based on the Middle East at large and a nebulous threat of "nuclear proliferation."

I could see the Iranians attacking an American ship and things quickly spiralling out of control. Plus you've got elements in Saudi Arabia and Israel both terrified of Iran getting nuclear weapons and pushing for their destruction. Just hope the Iranians have a good idea of who they're dealing with and don't test him, cause it won't take much for things to kick off.

Just to follow up on my last post, I would argue that of most of the Middle East actors Iran is one of the most rational. Not rational in a subjective American sense, but rational in the political science "a nation in Iran's position does what you would expect a nation in Iran's position to do" sense which is sabre rattling about potential nuclear power while trying to maintain its standing in the region in light of the decline of the other hegemon that balanced it out over the past couple decades (Iraq - due to American incompetence and ridiculous military involvement).

I get the argument for war in other countries to some degree. As to Iran, I'm totally baffled by the hawkish stance from anyone. People advocating for military involvement in Iran mostly come off as foreign affairs neophytes with no real grasp of the region or Iran's history (particular vis-a-vis the West and America's specific involvement).

Last edited:
You doubt it? Seriously? How the fuck are you folks so oblivious to who Trump is? You were just posting about how unstable he is and how he seems to be legitimately crazy.

He isn't a dictator. If he actually tried launching a war of aggression using nuclear weapons, he would be impeached and stand trial for his crimes.

Just to follow up on my last post, I would argue that of most of the Middle East actors Iran is one of the most rational. Not rational in a subjective American sense, but rational in the political science "a nation in Iran's position does what you would expect a nation in Iran's position to do" which is sabre rattling about potential nuclear power while trying to maintain its standing in the region in light of the decline of the other hegemon that balanced it out over the past couple decades (Iraq - due to American incompetence and ridiculous military involvement).

I get the argument for war in other countries to some degree. As to Iran, I'm totally baffled by the hawkish stance from anyone. People advocating for military involvement in Iran mostly come off as foreign affairs neophytes with no real grasp of the region or Iran's history (particular vis-a-vis the West and America's specific involvement).

There are elements in Iran that are definitely crazy as well as some that are pragmatic. I could see some of the crazies, who believe in the return of the Mahdi, doing something stupid.

This is the guy you wanted over the "War-monger" Clinton.

Nice choice, Bobby. A+ cognitive skills.

He isn't a dictator. If he actually tried launching a war of aggression using nuclear weapons, he would be impeached and stand trial for his crimes.

Did Kissinger stand trial for carpet bombing Cambodia, Laos, or Vietnam? Did Truman stand trial for nuking Japan? No one is going to prosecute the Commander in Chief for using nuclear weapons in a war.

This is the guy you wanted over the "War-monger" Clinton.

Nice choice, Bobby. A+ cognitive skills.

Meh. They both sucked on Iran. With Trump it would be all out destruction though. With Clinton, it would be another Iraq.

Back