• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

The Iran situation is 100% of Trump's doing. Pulling of one the greatest diplomatic deals since Camp David was moronic and dangerous. When you add the sanctions of passively leaving the deal, Iran could justifiably consider it provocative and even possibly an act of war against their nation.

We had all the cards. Trump was too stupid to understand this.

I don't think economic sanctions are justification for attacking third-party ships in international waters.

Unless it’s all a set up for pretext to bomb select Iranian installations.

Which would, of course, lead to Iran immediately capitulating to our demands.

Not.

I don't think economic sanctions are justification for attacking third-party ships in international waters.

The probability that it’s the Iranian government is about equal to the probability it’s the Saudis, Israel, etc... and even then within the government that it’s actually a small radical group.

The probability that it’s the Iranian government is about equal to the probability it’s the Saudis, Israel, etc... and even then within the government that it’s actually a small radical group.

Let me be the first to say that Col. Chappy is the most qualified to speak on these matters.

The message is they have power and America should honor its word.

Iran has pictures of a smoking wreck on the ground. Of course those could be (and, given Iran's history, probably are) totally fake. But if they are genuine pictures of the drone in question, gonna be hard for the administration to 'splain how our drone flying over the ocean in international airspace came to crash on Iranian soil.

It's a dangerous situation when no one can trust what either side is saying in an escalating conflict.

Iran has pictures of a smoking wreck on the ground. Of course those could be (and, given Iran's history, probably are) totally fake. But if they are genuine pictures of the drone in question, gonna be hard for the administration to 'splain how our drone flying over the ocean in international airspace came to crash on Iranian soil.

It's a dangerous situation when no one can trust what either side is saying in an escalating conflict.

i mean we said we had pictures of iranians with mines on a boat :shrug

Starting a war with Iran would be the dumbest thing Donald has done and we all know how many dumb things he’s done.

Back