• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Well since we know our foreign policy is up for sale, I wonder what Trump received from Erdogan in exchange for pulling out of Syria. A coverup of the Kashoggi murder? An investigation into Elizabeth Warren? 100 Twitter trolls in the 2020 election?

Or perhaps He told Russia he’d withhold aid to Ukraine

Thread from Brett McGurk, special envoy to combat ISIS under both Obama and Trump. Also worked under Bush.

Great read. Trump will attack him soon enough.

Two questions:

1) what’s the trump supporter take on this? They must be confused. On one hand, he’s “pulling out troops of an unnecessary war” but on the other hand, all military and intelligence officials agree this is a terrible move because it will lead to a void ISIS could fill again AND its signing Christian Kurds death warrant. What’s Fox News saying?

2) if all these military and intelligence officials are against this, and trump’s leadership in general, why aren’t they being more outspoken? I mean I get call to duty and all that, but trump’s incompetence seems to transcend that. I’d Love to hear military OGBoards member perspective on guesses as to why military members aren’t being more outspoken. Seems like a potential way to sway flag humping Trumpers against him if they hear that trump doesn’t give shut about the military from the horse’s mouth. Who would they choose — the flag or trump? I think I know the answer, sadly.

Great read. Trump will attack him soon enough.

Two questions:

1) what’s the trump supporter take on this? They must be confused. On one hand, he’s “pulling out troops of an unnecessary war” but on the other hand, all military and intelligence officials agree this is a terrible move because it will lead to a void ISIS could fill again AND its signing Christian Kurds death warrant. What’s Fox News saying?

2) if all these military and intelligence officials are against this, and trump’s leadership in general, why aren’t they being more outspoken? I mean I get call to duty and all that, but trump’s incompetence seems to transcend that. I’d Love to hear military OGBoards member perspective on guesses as to why military members aren’t being more outspoken. Seems like a potential way to sway flag humping Trumpers against him if they hear that trump doesn’t give shut about the military from the horse’s mouth. Who would they choose — the flag or trump? I think I know the answer, sadly.

They’re just as weak as Pubs in Congress. They care more about party and process than this country.

Well, even in these bizarre times this tidbit is interesting: Pat Robertson has condemned Trump's decision to withdraw US troops from Syria and leave the Kurds to their fate. He says he is "appalled", and adds "The President of the United States is in great danger of losing the Mandate of Heaven if he permits this to happen." I was unaware that Trump had any Mandate from Heaven to govern, but at least Robertson has said something negative about Trump, weird as it is.

Evangelicals believe he was literally sent by God to make America Christian again.

Evangelicals believe he was literally sent by God to make America Christian again.

They believe Obama was of the devil but Trump is sent by God.

But it’s not about race.

They've been conditioned to see all Democrats as evil satan minions. Electing a black guy just pushed them there d
faster.

He said this the same day he demanded Republicans sign an oath of loyalty to Donald Trump.

Trump's latest statement basically reads, "Hey Russia and China, go ahead..."

Trump has released a statement through a White House spokesperson on Turkey launching a military operation in northern Syria.
The statement reads: “This morning, Turkey, a NATO member, invaded Syria. The United States does not endorse this attack and has made it clear to Turkey that this operation is a bad idea.
“There are no American soldiers in the area. From the first day I entered the political arena, I made it clear that I did not want to fight these endless, senseless wars—especially those that don’t benefit the United States.
“Turkey has committed to protecting civilians, protecting religious minorities, including Christians, and ensuring no humanitarian crisis takes place—and we will hold them to this commitment.
“In addition, Turkey is now responsible for ensuring all ISIS fighters being held captive remain in prison and that ISIS does not reconstitute in any way, shape, or form. We expect Turkey to abide by all of its commitments, and we continue to monitor the situation closely.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...y-live-nancy-pelosi-white-house-letter-latest

They've been conditioned to see all Democrats as evil satan minions. Electing a black guy just pushed them there d
faster.

I told an evangelical coworker of mine the other day (who I actually have a pretty good relationship with) that if Trump were smarter and better looking he'd pretty much fit the classical description of the anti-Christ.....He did not appreciate that statement.

What an absolute piece of shit Trump is. One of our most honest and helpful allies of recent times and he abandons them so they can be slaughtered by the Turkish Putin. I’d trade one of their lives for ten of his. Unbelievable, and something that needs to be talked about constantly during 2020.

Back