• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Wipe banking records? Why do I get the feeling the CIA will be directed to wipe those records only after DHS transfers that money to some fake trump owned laundering front?

Latest reports said a fire started, which led to the massive explosion. Hard to avoid thinking that it was probably a Hezbollah ordinance site that cooked off. I guess maybe it could have been some kind of natural gas storage or other petrochemical storage? Looks to have leveled several city blocks. https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/08/photos-massive-explosion-hits-beirut-port/614935/

i have heard of grain silos exploding when the dust inside them ignites, but don't know if they are capable of that kind of destruction. Several of the images posted at the link show these ruined silos in the background.

original.jpg

Last edited:

Our fearless leader just weighed in calling it a terrible attack. Said Generals have told him it looks like a bomb, and they know better than him...

Condolences and an offer of support probably would have been enough.

Our fearless leader just weighed in calling it a terrible attack. Said Generals have told him it looks like a bomb, and they know better than him...

Condolences and an offer of support probably would have been enough.

I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but my wife heard from a friend today that just left Beirut a few days ago. Apparently, there was enough chatter/rumors of an upcoming attack and/or disaster that they left the country. She even showed pictures of her and her family on the pier in that area. Who knows if any of it is related but it has shaken her up pretty good according to my wife.

Latest reports said a fire started, which led to the massive explosion. Hard to avoid thinking that it was probably a Hezbollah ordinance site that cooked off. I guess maybe it could have been some kind of natural gas storage or other petrochemical storage? Looks to have leveled several city blocks. https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/08/photos-massive-explosion-hits-beirut-port/614935/

i have heard of grain silos exploding when the dust inside them ignites, but don't know if they are capable of that kind of destruction. Several of the images posted at the link show these ruined silos in the background.

I learned a lot about dust explosions working on a recent case. It's more common than most people realize, and can occur with wood dust, metal, plastic, or any other material that is small enough and combustible. One of the worst cases was a sugar refinery in Georgia, where the sugar dust exploded and killed 14 people. The dust can burn on it's own with a spark or heat source, which sometimes creates a small explosion if the dust is sufficiently disbursed and in a confined area with enough oxygen. If the plant isn't cleaned properly, and dust builds up over time, that small explosion can disburse a much larger amount of dust throughout the area, which then leads to the big explosion. Sorry for the boring lesson on dust, but I think it's pretty interesting and it's something that should never kill anyone since it's relatively simple to prevent.

Back