• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

The recent gas attack by Assad is fucking disgusting. Words have consequences so when the United States SOS says "long term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people" The man probably thinks he's sitting pretty. If anyone needs to be taken out by the revamped drone strikes (more strikes in Yemen already than all of 2016) it is him.

The recent gas attack by Assad is fucking disgusting. Words have consequences so when the United States SOS says "long term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people" The man probably thinks he's sitting pretty. If anyone needs to be taken out by the revamped drone strikes (more strikes in Yemen already than all of 2016) it is him.
It's too late to take out Assad. The Syrian infrastructure has been basically destroyed. The power vacuum post-Assad will be a cesspool. Obama hedged on the Syrian uprising, just like he hedged on everything controversial, and we did more harm than good by arming the radicals that we created by fucking up Iraq.

Yes Assad is a brutal dictator using chemical weapons on his own people. He has been doing that for his entire reign. Would it be any better with Putin and Trump trying to "rebuild" Syria while fighting off ISIS?

This is sad on so many levels...those photos are heartbreaking.

And fuck off Trump/Spicer for putting out a statement that blames Obama, especially after your SOS basically gives a green light to Assad. You are seriously the worst.

"Today's attack is reprehensible and cannot be ignored by the civilized world," Spicer told reporters. "These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the past administration's weakness and irresolution. President Obama said in 2012 that he'd establish a red line against the use of chemical weapons and then did nothing. The U.S. stands with our allies across the globe to condemn this intolerable act."

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/men...n-sheikhoun-chemical-warehouse-attack-claims/

"From a technical chemical weapons perspective, it seems unlikely that the Russian “warehouse/depot” narrative is plausible as the source of the chemical exposure seen on April 4th.  To date, all of the nerve agents used in the Syrian conflict have been binary chemical warfare agents...

...Dropping a bomb on the binary components does not actually provide the correct mechanism for making the nerve agent.  It is an infantile argument.  One of the precursors is isopropyl alcohol.  It would go up in a ball of flame.  A very large one.  Which has not been in evidence."

That video of the kids suffering is absolutely terrible. Trump should have his eyes glued open and be forced to watch that video 1000 times in a row like in Clockwork Orange.

I would hope the exercise would make him perhaps feel actual real life empathy for the first time in his entire rotten life, but you're right -- if he gets a boner 6 minutes into watching, better turn it off quickly.

Yeah I never understood how dumbass Americans can't find empathy and try and see the picture and if this was happening in America. Say everything is the exact same you are just trying to live your life as an American go about your day but at any given day bombs rain down from foreign country X. You have no recourse or action you can take, no way to stop it, and everyday may be your last. You have had friends killed, maybe family. What do you think of foreign country X.

Syria chemical attack victims gassed as they slept

Russia: Syrian gas deaths due to 'terrorists'
This story contains graphic imagery.

(CNN)Russian claims that a regime airstrike on a "terrorist" ammunition depot caused the deaths of at least 70 people in northern Syria have been rejected, as victims described the aftermath of chemical bombs dropped from planes.

Video shows effects of Syria attack
Video shows effects of Syria attack 01:23
International condemnation mounted on Wednesday over what appeared to be a targeted chemical attack on a rebel-held town in Idlib province, one of the deadliest since the Syrian war began six years ago.
The White House and the UK blamed the regime of President Bashar al-Assad for the outrage, which caused the deaths of at least 10 children, some asleep in their beds when the attack struck at dawn.

Iran "On Notice" and Iraq/Syria Pulls US Back In

Yeah I never understood how dumbass Americans can't find empathy and try and see the picture and if this was happening in America. Say everything is the exact same you are just trying to live your life as an American go about your day but at any given day bombs rain down from foreign country X. You have no recourse or action you can take, no way to stop it, and everyday may be your last. You have had friends killed, maybe family. What do you think of foreign country X.

Reminds me of Louis CK's bit on the US as the worst girlfriend ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJwTZnjSP4

Last edited:
I'm really not trying to be a contrarian here, but I don't understand why this particular action, or Syrian warfare in general, receives.so much more attention than the people being starved and massacred in the Sudan or by Boko Harem.

I'm really not trying to be a contrarian here, but I don't understand why this particular action, or Syrian warfare in general, receives.so much more attention than the people being starved and massacred in the Sudan or by Boko Harem.

because there are only three weapons that are so awful that no one wants to use for fear of (re)normalization: chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

Back