• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Saudi crown prince sending assassins into Canada now. Thanks pubs!

I was wondering about this. How big a deal is it? Did I miss the UAE or Bahrain spending a bunch of time trying to attack Israel? I thought the big players in the region, at least in terms of messing with Israel, were Syria, Iran, Palestine, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.

I'm happy to be wrong if this is a major milestone, I just don't get why it is.

Good that countries are acknowledging Israel as a country. They're also two countries which have no real history with Israel and plenty of economical incentives to normalize relations, so not sure it's much of a game changer or breakthrough.

Good that countries are acknowledging Israel as a country. They're also two countries which have no real history with Israel and plenty of economical incentives to normalize relations, so not sure it's much of a game changer or breakthrough.

But the sand is full of peace!

I was wondering about this. How big a deal is it? Did I miss the UAE or Bahrain spending a bunch of time trying to attack Israel? I thought the big players in the region, at least in terms of messing with Israel, were Syria, Iran, Palestine, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.

I'm happy to be wrong if this is a major milestone, I just don't get why it is.

This is basically what the Palestinians are saying about the events.

Back