• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Speaking of big DB’s, does anyone have any scoop on Deandre Delaney?

The spring eval period started this week. Coaches are on the road. Looks like there are visiting safety Nicolas Toomer this morning. Toomer visited for Junior Day.

Saw that RB/APB Tyler Goodson plans to OV to Wake this spring. Not sure if that was last weekend or not (I presume that visit was unofficial). Goodson will OV to Iowa this weekend.

It will take some getting used to the new rule permitting OVs in the spring.

Spring visits during the school year were part of the package deal with the early signing period.

Which worked out well for us.

I made the drive to see Brendon Clark compete today. Really enjoyed getting to see him throw. You don’t get to see as many reps at these events as you might think. There are a lot of QBs to accommodate. But I still got to see Brendon enough to make the drive worthwhile. He is bigger than I expected weight-wise. I knew he was 6’1 / 6’2 (measured 6’2 today) but didn’t realize he was 213. Looked to me like he is already familiar with the weight room. Personally, I don’t think he is maxed out physically though. I see potential for a strong, durable QB. Combine results were VERY good today (laser-timed 4.7 40 would equate to a 4.6 if hand-timed). Strong arm came in handy on a windy day. Good, quick release. Nothing struck me as odd about his delivery. Looked very clean (although I’m no expert). Lots of well thrown, accurate balls while I was there. Very even-keeled demeanor when talking to his receivers after each rep. I’ve heard he is most definitely a high-character kid.

I am as high on Sam Hartman as anyone (I think Hartman is going to be REALLY good), but like many of you I’m also a believer that you can’t have too many QBs. You just never know what is going to happen. With the Elite 11 validation, I’m now of the view that Clark is a critical guy for Wake. I am excited to see how he develops.

According to this article he won the MVP of the CLT event.

I think he now goes to the semi finals

https://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Charlotte-top-performers-117370090

Consistent passer AND the most athletic QB at the event. Even more athletic than the UF commit who ran a sub-4.5 40. Wow.

Last edited:
Colleague has a son that is an aspiring ATL public HS QB, so he goes to all these cattle calls with his kid. He was shocked that a Wake kid was that far along in the Elite 11. Mostly big state schools when you get down to the semis. I think he has to make one more cut to get on TV with Dilfer.

Wolford's success and pretty gaudy QB numbers last season may help in that regard.

Wouldn't hurt if Hinton puts up big numbers and Newman and especially Hartman don't get a chance to do so.

I bet the staff does this with a ton of recruits who are committed to other programs, but interesting that Rivals just posted an article saying we are still actively pursuing Nolan Groulx despite him picking Wisco a few months back. Don't have any further knowledge on the topic other than that

New commitment?

c057933349b4cb74fa1fa6b77133fdbf.jpg

He’s listed at TE, OLB, MLB, and S between Rivals and 247. He’s got good size for all of them at 6-4/210.

Not an impressive list of offers but maybe we are just getting in early before other P5's jump in?

The Zack Wary, Thomas Brown, Justin Strnad, Ryan Smenda, Zach Ronson mold ;)

Welcome!!

Maybe we can use The Pointer Sisters coming to Wake Forest as part of our Homecoming festivities in November!

Back