• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Put an article up on BSD this morning about the 3 2018 targets to keep an eye on before the February signing period. An intriguing name apart from Willis is Zamir Mickens, who is currently committed to Rutgers but didn't sign an NLI in December. He's a 3* DB who was just followed by Taylor Redd on Twitter. No P5 offers but Rivals has him as a 5.5 in their system

Put an article up on BSD this morning about the 3 2018 targets to keep an eye on before the February signing period. An intriguing name apart from Willis is Zamir Mickens, who is currently committed to Rutgers but didn't sign an NLI in December. He's a 3* DB who was just followed by Taylor Redd on Twitter. No P5 offers but Rivals has him as a 5.5 in their system

If Mickens committed to Rutgers, he has a P5 offer, unless the BIG10 booted the Scarlet Knights from the conference.

If I read the info correctly, he moved up over 900 positions to his final spot! Congrats.

With the O-line looking pretty good, experienced and deep, I would like to see him spending the year working on technique. He was noted as having good footwork in the clip from the all star game. However the commentator also said he would probably play right side. If his footwork is good, and can get better, he might be the guy to step in at LT season after next.

RT — classically speaking, a ‘road grader’ on the right at 6’7-340 and excellent feet. Great story of that guy whose HS coach spots him in the marching band and says “we don’t need you at half-time” :)

Real good kid who has a mean streak on the field..he knocks one guy down and then looks for somebody else.

Truly just beginning to scratch the surface. Had he been going into 2019 as a SR then he might have been destined for Clemson, Alabama or Georgia. However, it is my understanding he’d already turned down 2 late heavyweight suitors in 2017*

RT — classically speaking, a ‘road grader’ on the right at 6’7-340 and excellent feet. Great story of that guy whose HS coach spots him in the marching band and says “we don’t need you at half-time” :)

Real good kid who has a mean streak on the field..he knocks one guy down and then looks for somebody else.

Truly just beginning to scratch the surface. Had he been going into 2019 as a SR then he might have been destined for Clemson, Alabama or Georgia. However, it is my understanding he’d already turned down 2 late heavyweight suitors in 2017*

so do we know if big Mike will redshirt?

Back