• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

We had one really good year where we got those Nease linemen that turned into a bust. Also got a DT with a Bama offer.

NCSU and Notre Dame have now offered Donovan Greene.

Last edited:
Jeremiah is an NFL legacy — son of ex BYU Star, Derwin Gray, 92nd pick in Draft. His dad played 5 years with the Colts and 1 with the Panthers. His dad is a gifted pastor in his current calling. Welcome to Wake!

Both “Tigers” also offered - Clemson and Auburn..as well as Notre Dame

Last edited:
https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/3050/gray-taking-care-of-the-root-before-the-fruit

Informative article from Notre Dame visit that illuminates player development - the awkward duckling who keeps growing and filling out. The article talks about his improved times and strength gains at the Duke camp..and its by virtue of significant speed and strength gains which brought him a slew of late offers. But Wake Forest is just the right place for this kid and Clawson and Co were his first offer nearly two years and it’s been a great fit for all involved..

Wow Dave Clawson and staff are on the verge of a very special recruiting class!!!

You should start keeping up with football recruiting and the progress that's being made.
It's fun and encouraging.

Agreed. Usually I just "skim" over the recruits unlike basketball where I really pay more attention. As stated earlier, the main thing I usually look for with these football recruits is who offers them more so than the rankings. I am always impressed when a kid who gets offers from "big time" programs choose Wake Forest. I love what Clawson is doing and he is an example of a coach who doesn't mind swinging his dick around and doesn't seem to care to play the LOWF game. I love it and I hope if he continues to succeed, Wake can keep him around for a little while. I'm very excited for the future.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/3050/gray-taking-care-of-the-root-before-the-fruit

Informative article from Notre Dame visit that illuminates player development - the awkward duckling who keeps growing and filling out. The article talks about his improved times and strength gains at the Duke camp..and its by virtue of significant speed and strength gains which brought him a slew of late offers. But Wake Forest is just the right place for this kid and Clawson and Co were his first offer nearly two years and it’s been a great fit for all involved..

Sounds like a great get and great guy. Also sounds like this is a solid commit. Now that he is committed, he will sign with Wake next fall.

Very good article. Love the guidance and insights from his father, especially his comment that Jeremiah 'would be designed to be an alpha predator'. Thtats going to be one of my favorite new terms.
Also, if Jeremiah now has size 14 feet, I'm guessing he's going to grow a few more inches before he's through.
He seems like a perfect fit for Wake and it's nice that he's from Charlotte.

Jeremiah is an NFL legacy — son of ex BYU Star, Derwin Gray, 92nd pick in Draft. His dad played 5 years with the Colts and 1 with the Panthers. His dad is a gifted pastor in his current calling. Welcome to Wake!

Both “Tigers” also offered - Clemson and Auburn..as well as Notre Dame

Clemson Auburn and Notre Dame did not offer.

Clark-Offers from Duke and Maryland with interest from Fla State, West Virginia, Pitt and more, kid is def a 4 star guy. Miller- Offers from Tennessee new staff with interest from Louisville and more, his ranking is about to jump up to high 3star. Gray- Offers from Penn State, S Car, BYU and interest from Notre Dame, close to bein 4star. Incredible start to our 19 class!

Nice thing about 2019 commits is that it shows we have a bigger footprint in Charlotte. We have had few successes- some really nice players- in the past but have historically underachieved there.

Yea they did..

I predict he grows into a 6’3-210 CB along the lines of Jeremy Clark (ex Michigan/ Jet)

How about a 6' 3" 225 lb LB with speed?
Ya never know. Remember how much weight gain is possible.

How about a 6' 3" 225 lb LB with speed?
Ya never know. Remember how much weight gain is possible.

True, I just think his build/frame is more of a Corner - his skill set certainly is as a DB - maybe he grows into a Safety?

J. Clark w/ the Jets is 6’3-220 and I believe Jeremiah’s body type is real similar at the same stage

Last edited:
True, I just think his build/frame is more of a Corner - his skill set certainly is as a DB - maybe he grows into a Safety?

J. Clark w/ the Jets is 6’3-220 and I believe Jeremiah’s body type is real similar at the same stage

I'll go with a safety, eventually.

How about David Fulcher of the Sun Devils/Bengals. A monster rover back.

Back