Page 10 of 264 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Cade Carney says hello.
    you really want to play this game smart ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    I have watched him play lacrosse many times if that helps.
    The real question is how does he navigate a buffet line

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    The real question is how does he navigate a buffet line

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    He is pretty agile and fast for his size. On the lacrosse field, not the buffet line...

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Gable View Post
    you really want to play this game smart ass?
    Chill out.

I am kinda surprised that hasn't happened. Some coach offers a kid based on his tape and Twitter and offers some rando fan from a rival program.

jaybirdie, Blake really could be a WR based on that film. He's a receiving TE would be fine in 2 TE sets.
    The opposite of what you're describing, but it reminded me of this: The Boy Who Cried Cal

I am kinda surprised that hasn't happened. Some coach offers a kid based on his tape and Twitter and offers some rando fan from a rival program.

jaybirdie, Blake really could be a WR based on that film. He's a receiving TE would be fine in 2 TE sets.
    It has happened. That long snapper dude that is the magician faked his tapes to get a college scholarship. I think he went to some shitty TX school. Too lazy to look.

Whiteheart looks like a has potential to be a vertical threat after some years in the weight room and speed drills. Is OC Wardlow still the quarterback for Tabor?

Quote Originally Posted by 09deaconX View Post
    The opposite of what you're describing, but it reminded me of this: The Boy Who Cried Cal
    I remember this and read the story again. Amazing how something like that could go so long without someone raising a flag.

6-6/275. Academic All-Big Ten. Then there's this:
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...061416aac.html

The Wilma Rudolph Student-Athlete Achievement Award honors student athletes who have overcome great personal, academic, and/or emotional odds to achieve academic success while participating in intercollegiate athletics.

The N4A described Elmore’s journey this way:

“By the age of five, Elmore had faced more hardships than the average person may face in a lifetime. After being homeless multiple times, separated from his siblings, observing drug-addicted parents, and forced to run away from foster homes due to abuse, Elmore found an outlet by playing sports. For his entire childhood, Elmore bounced from one foster home to the next before being reunited with his father for only a short time before drug-addition once again interfered. Thankfully, Elmore’s high school football coach stepped in and gave him a place to live and a chance to do something meaningful with his life. With his coach’s help, Elmore was able to receive a full scholarship to play football at the University of Minnesota, a place with a support system that he now considers to be family.”
    Make it happen, Coach Sawvel.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...re_884671.html

Gaelin - Come on down! You'll love it here.
    And we have a great new DC that you know well.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...re_884671.html

I would be pretty surprised if he ended up here as a DE. With Duke Ejiofor, Wendell Dunn, Chris Calhoun and Paris Black returning and Basham, Walker, and Zimmer waiting in the wings, I don't think we would be talking to him. OL, LB, or DB are the grad transfer areas that Clawson mentioned to be under consideration if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JJMGG View Post
    I would be pretty surprised if he ended up here as a DE. With Duke Ejiofor, Wendell Dunn, Chris Calhoun and Paris Black returning and Basham, Walker, and Zimmer waiting in the wings, I don't think we would be talking to him. OL, LB, or DB are the grad transfer areas that Clawson mentioned to be under consideration if I recall correctly.
    He was also rated the 22nd best TE in the country in HS.
    Bring him as a blocking TE. 6' 6" 275 lbs. Wow!

2 of those 3 schools would mean a transfer within the B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill22 View Post
    2 of those 3 schools would mean a transfer within the B1G.
    Minnesota released him to anyone who is not on their schedule this fall, so Rutgers and Penn State are fair game.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-g...ram/416958614/
    Last edited by WakeForestRanger; 03-23-2017 at 09:55 PM.

2018 Wake Forest Football Recruiting- Local TE commits to Wake

I think Clawson and Sawvel would love to have a redshirt senior familiar with Sawvel's system and philosophy. Who knows what could happen with injury? Elmore also is a buffer between Mike Allen and the field.

This site has him as the #21 DE in the 2018 draft. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2018&genpos=DE

It has Ejiofor rated #4.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 03-23-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Never Murdered My FIL
    If he's more talented those some of those other guys, why wouldn't you take him? Having another potential pro on the other end of the line could really open things up for Ejifor even more. Quality depth on either line is never a bad thing when the 4th quarter rolls around.

Minnesota released him to anyone who is not on their schedule this fall, so Rutgers and Penn State are fair game.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-g...ram/416958614/
    If he is a grad transfer, Minnesota doesn't have any say, do they?

Good point.

Here is a full list of Top DEs for the 2018 draft. Duke #4, Elmore #21, Dunn #38.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2018/DE

By the way, Cam is the #7 TE. Wolford is the #37 QB.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 03-23-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    If he is a grad transfer, Minnesota doesn't have any say, do they?

I was just going by this quote.

"Elmore said he agreed not to transfer to a team that will play the Gophers this fall. That would eliminate Wisconsin, Iowa and the rest of the Big Ten West, along with Maryland, Michigan State and Michigan."