• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I believe I saw in a quoted article from 247 that Gray said he was recruited to play CB

I believe I saw in a quoted article from 247 that Gray said he was recruited to play CB

The article says he runs a 4.64 40 yard dash. At 6'1", and 200 pounds that screams safety. That's way too slow for a CB.

The article says he runs a 4.64 40 yard dash. At 6'1", and 200 pounds that screams safety. That's way too slow for a CB.

Essang Bassey ran a 4.60, according to 247. 4.64 certainly isn't "way too slow", especially as a HS junior. But I agree that he looks to be more of a safety.

He'll be faster by time he gets to Wake.
Guarantee it.

Yes, keep in mind the kid is either 17 or 18; not even close to his peak in speed and strength.

Edited. Forgot that Gray is 2019 recruit. He is likely 16 or 17. He is likely at least 3 years away from PT at CB; with speed and strength time that 4.6 40 time will improve.

Last edited:
We got a committ from some kid from Wasington D.C. He plays linebacker. Most likely a walk on

No, he goes to Gonzaga HS (Bryant Crawford alma mater), which plays against Good Counsel (MD team that has produced Jelani Jenkins, Kendall Fuller, Stefon Diggs)

Too bad. Good Counsel=best private school FB coaching in MD.

No, he goes to Gonzaga HS (Bryant Crawford alma mater), which plays against Good Counsel (MD team that has produced Jelani Jenkins, Kendall Fuller, Stefon Diggs)

ahh appreciate you clearing that up.

Would guess he is a preferred walk-on of some sort given his lack of recruiting presence on the interwebs.

Back