• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Makes sense, not sure if true or not.
446aed490eb88372d056ecdf6dc7c8e6.jpg

It's roughly the same distance from his hometown (Pensacola FL) to Tuscaloosa & Gainsville. Not sure if true but one of my friends that's a UF alum said that the mom is not even his legal guardian, it's his uncle (guy in blue shirt that sits beside him after mom leaves PC).

If I don’t want my kid involved in gangs, I don’t send him to Aaron Hernandez U.

Good to recruit players other schools want. Let’s keep him in the fold.

The 6-foot-5, 265-pound prospect is currently a soft commitment to Wake Forest. He rushed into a commitment and has told the Demon Deacons he plans to open his recruitment and look around at other programs.

I mean, have we heard anything from anyone connected to WF along these lines? Wouldn't be surprising, but I'll hold off on being bummed until it comes from anyone other than a likely hack Tennessee blogger.

I like the fact that bigger programs want the kids we have committed. We’re doing something right. Now just need to hang onto him

If that statement is true, seems unlikely we hold on to him. How many kids reopen their recruitment then return to the school they originally committed to? I feel like not many.. Alontae Taylor comes to mind recently, but even that was a different situation where there was coaching staff turnover.

If there's any truth to that article, I don't think we keep him in the fold.

I don't remember a lot of examples where a guy opened up his recruitment and then ended up sticking with us at the end of it all.

Gotta love the recruiting thread:

A few months ago: "Oh no! Clawson has a bunch of commits from guys with only one P5 offer!
Now: "Oh no! Clawson has commits from guys who have tons of P5 offers!

It’s clockwork. I was jus hyping up our 2019 class to my BIL and 5 minutes later, BAM we lose a top recruit.

Gotta love the recruiting thread:

A few months ago: "Oh no! Clawson has a bunch of commits from guys with only one P5 offer!
Now: "Oh no! Clawson has commits from guys who have tons of P5 offers!

Huh? Pretty sure the reaction is from the article stating that he planned to open up his recruitment, not the fact he has other offers.

Its more about guys who
1. Get Wake offer
2. Commit to Wake
3. Get tons of P5 offers
4. Decommit from Wake
5. Commit to another college.

This scenario has bad implications:
Staff invested resources in a kid who now isn't coming to Wake.
Another recruit may have looked elsewhere after the commit, seeing no space at Wake for him.
Staff may have decreased efforts on others at his position, thinking that a recruiting spot is filled.
Losing a recruit after investing resources is one thing. Happens a lot.

Losing a recruit after he commits is a different kind of loss. Not only is that guy gone, others at his position may be gone as well. That is why decommits are worse than non commits.

Huh? Pretty sure the reaction is from the article stating that he planned to open up his recruitment, not the fact he has other offers.

Same thing in my mind. We've had kids accept other offers without declaring that they're opening their recruitment. Any kid with another offer has the potential to decommit. This is just part of being a big time program pursuing big time recruits. I'm not going to take a Tennessee write-up as gospel word that the kid isn't coming to Wake.

Its more about guys who
1. Get Wake offer
2. Commit to Wake
3. Get tons of P5 offers
4. Decommit from Wake
5. Commit to another college.

This scenario has bad implications:
Staff invested resources in a kid who now isn't coming to Wake.
Another recruit may have looked elsewhere after the commit, seeing no space at Wake for him.
Staff may have decreased efforts on others at his position, thinking that a recruiting spot is filled.
Losing a recruit after investing resources is one thing. Happens a lot.

Losing a recruit after he commits is a different kind of loss. Not only is that guy gone, others at his position may be gone as well. That is why decommits are worse than non commits.

I'm not too worried about our staffs ability to recruit someone else at OT this class - especially this early. Recruits do have the ability to take other visits without decommiting, which is why this looks like he may end up not coming to Wake. He hasn't decommited yet though and he very well may not (which would ease my bad feeling from reading that article) - the article may end up being embellished, who knows?

Same thing in my mind. We've had kids accept other offers without declaring that they're opening their recruitment. Any kid with another offer has the potential to decommit. This is just part of being a big time program pursuing big time recruits. I'm not going to take a Tennessee write-up as gospel word that the kid isn't coming to Wake.

Yeah I addressed that in my last post before seeing this one. If he doesn't decommit and takes other officials and what not I'll feel solid. If he decommits I won't. There's a solid difference to me between taking other visits while committed and decommitting to entertain other programs. May just be a difference of opinion.

After reading the Tenn article again, I'm fine. The article uses boilerplate OL quotes and the author paraphases that Miller is decommitting. I'm sure the author is just a bad writer, but if Miller straight up said, "I told the Wake coaches I was opening up my recruitment. Rocky Top!" the author would have quoted him.

Back