• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

His Hudl highlights are pretty impressive. His family moved to Pilot Mt. from Florida a few years ago so his dad could open a winery. He was coached by a very good veteran HS coach and WF grad in Dave Diamont. I’m assuming that he will have an opportunity to earn a scholarship or that he might qualify for an academic scholarship.

Interesting. Do you know which winery?

Interesting. Do you know which winery?

JoLo winery in Pilot Mtn. Really good family and a good kid. Saw them out in dinner last night in Winston (assume they were celebrating). Happy for him, he’s got a great work ethic, just not sure if he’s got the overall athleticism to be a contributor at the D1 level. He’s a prefers walk on. Cool to see a kid from my high school get a shot at an ACC school.

Walk-ons cost you nothing. Best case you find a Dawson that help you, worst case you have a pretty good practice player. Wake always can use players like this as we don't have the numbers bigger schools do for practice players. Don't see how anyone loses in this case and the kid clearly seems to be thrilled to be at Wake. If nothing else it would seem we are getting a positive kid to replace one who does not want to compete or be here. Free wine after TD? Nice scenario with last years O!

Anthony Manning and Isaiah Isaac are pretty exciting guys. Isaiah has great hands and real good wheels. Transferred from California after JR season and that usually puts a guy off his recruiting trajectory. Real nice find.

Anthony Manning has outstanding shuttle times and is 4.4 flat guy with long arms. Great change of direction - like a Beal or Dortch and keeps his speed through his cuts. Good strength 270 bench (at this stage) and is really just coming into his own as an offensive threat. Really talented kid

J Ray will understudy both of those guys and maybe we got lucky and found a gem here..built like Mike Campanaro but hasn’t really played against solid competition. Will be fun to watch him give it a shot. Strong shuttle time of 3.93 — if nothing else he will push the other young slots in the weight room

I love the optimism and all, but do you know how many high school football players run a legit 4.4 40? Less than half of the WRs in any given NFL combine pool go sub-4.5.

I love the optimism and all, but do you know how many high school football players run a legit 4.4 40? Less than half of the WRs in any given NFL combine pool go sub-4.5.

Depends on the timing method, a hand timed 4.4 is not all that uncommon but a laser timed sub 4.5 is.

Dude, it's lectro. Stick around a while and ole Lec will have him running a 4.2 with a 48 inch vertical.

Ray’s punt return against Murphy in the 2017 state playoffs is pretty amazing (Hudl). NCSU offered him as a preferred walk on as well and he had a lot of offers from the Ivy League. I’m sure our best recruiter was Dave Diamont, who bleeds black and gold. This kid will probably help us in a year or two. I’m not a big Alex Bachman fan but if you could combine Campanaro and Bachman, Ray would be the result (based on what I see on Hudl and reports from friends who have seen him play).

His Hudl highlights are pretty impressive. His family moved to Pilot Mt. from Florida a few years ago so his dad could open a winery. He was coached by a very good veteran HS coach and WF grad in Dave Diamont. I’m assuming that he will have an opportunity to earn a scholarship or that he might qualify for an academic scholarship.

JOLO FTW

Ray’s punt return against Murphy in the 2017 state playoffs is pretty amazing (Hudl). NCSU offered him as a preferred walk on as well and he had a lot of offers from the Ivy League. I’m sure our best recruiter was Dave Diamont, who bleeds black and gold. This kid will probably help us in a year or two. I’m not a big Alex Bachman fan but if you could combine Campanaro and Bachman, Ray would be the result (based on what I see on Hudl and reports from friends who have seen him play).

And one part Jax Landfried.

Yeah seriously. Camp is one of our all time greats and Bachman is a solid backup. No way a late walk on is already on that level.

So he is the combination of an under armor all american nfl guy and a guy that got a lot of action on the best offense in school history? He should be starting for Alabama next year.

22 loves pimping the Surry County boys, that’s for sure.

Depends on the timing method, a hand timed 4.4 is not all that uncommon but a laser timed sub 4.5 is.

Two “methods” seeking the same outcome: how fast does a guy run? Hand timed is just a way of inaccurately answering that question and should not be relied upon.

So he is the combination of an under armor all american nfl guy and a guy that got a lot of action on the best offense in school history? He should be starting for Alabama next year.

Campanaro’s size and build. Bachman’s athletic ability/speed, which is so so.

Pretty sure this is an answer to questions such as: "Who does he remind you of? Who does he play like? Who is he built like? "

Back