• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Sure. That's Elmore's choice though.

You don't turn away an NFL prospect.

I am not arguing that this guy isn't a better talent and could help us win more games. From past comments Clawson has said for a a grad transfer to work you need to be in a position where that person can start. I just have a hard time picturing Coach Clawson or Cohen telling Wendell Dunn that we really appreciate how hard you've worked for the last four years on the field and in the classroom and buying into our program but we want you to take one for the team and let this new guy have a better shot to get to the league than we're giving you for your last year. I definitely could be wrong but just my feeling that it has the potential to mess up team chemistry. It seems much easier to have that discussion at positions with no depth or with a younger player that hasn't shown that they can start or have as much experience like Gilliam and Benzinger on the offensive line or even Terry who hasn't been a starter since freshman year, or at LB where Dawson who has the years but hasn't been a starter and younger guys like Mays and Strnad and with needed depth and a lot of youth at DB.

Very very late rounder.

DE is a fresh bodies position. Whoever doesn't start will get plenty of reps.

Spring Game is in April.

Sorry. Meant scrimmage. Regardless, any updates from the scrimmage/junior day on the recruiting front?

Saw a lot of random chatter on Twitter but no clue who any of the guys were.

Just didn't know if we had any bigger prospects in today.

Sorry. Meant scrimmage. Regardless, any updates from the scrimmage/junior day on the recruiting front?

Saw a lot of random chatter on Twitter but no clue who any of the guys were.

Just didn't know if we had any bigger prospects in today.

A lot of junior day visitors, but to my knowledge none with offers. I think that the focus of the second junior day is largely on kids that would need to camp to earn an offer.

Hartman is going to be that dude

What is the legit read on Hartman? Seems really undersized and has played against smaller private school competition his whole life. Has terrific stats and great leadership qualities and seems to have a decent arm. However, all of those things sound like Wolford 2.0 to me.

Anyone have a good scouting report on him? I'm very excited that he is a Deac, but I'm curious what scouting people think.

I am not arguing that this guy isn't a better talent and could help us win more games. From past comments Clawson has said for a a grad transfer to work you need to be in a position where that person can start. I just have a hard time picturing Coach Clawson or Cohen telling Wendell Dunn that we really appreciate how hard you've worked for the last four years on the field and in the classroom and buying into our program but we want you to take one for the team and let this new guy have a better shot to get to the league than we're giving you for your last year. I definitely could be wrong but just my feeling that it has the potential to mess up team chemistry. It seems much easier to have that discussion at positions with no depth or with a younger player that hasn't shown that they can start or have as much experience like Gilliam and Benzinger on the offensive line or even Terry who hasn't been a starter since freshman year, or at LB where Dawson who has the years but hasn't been a starter and younger guys like Mays and Strnad and with needed depth and a lot of youth at DB.

Spot on.

What is the legit read on Hartman? Seems really undersized and has played against smaller private school competition his whole life. Has terrific stats and great leadership qualities and seems to have a decent arm. However, all of those things sound like Wolford 2.0 to me.

Anyone have a good scouting report on him? I'm very excited that he is a Deac, but I'm curious what scouting people think.

Well he's rated about 400 spots higher than Wolford was on 247composite coming out of HS. A lot better visibility now for recruits, particularly QBs, than there was a couple of years ago. Hartman is very well regarded.

What happened to that other Charlotte private school kid that committed a few years ago that tore his league up but either never showed up at Wake or quit after freshman year?

What happened to that other Charlotte private school kid that committed a few years ago that tore his league up but either never showed up at Wake or quit after freshman year?

Believe he suffered a neck injury and quit football.

Back