• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I love the optimism and all, but do you know how many high school football players run a legit 4.4 40? Less than half of the WRs in any given NFL combine pool go sub-4.5.

Guys are listed across the board in College Football — Ok - you with me so far?

It’s the same with ALL the schools. They have a high school time,a collegiate time and then they get the super serious time of the professional tryouts.

Everybody does it..lots of times (sic) the times are for publications and are hyped. It is the same for everybody. So the Alabama prospect who is listed at 4.4 is likely a Pro time of 4.5 to 4.55.

I merely give the Wake Forest players the same consideration and it adds some excitement. Joey Ray was hand timed at a personal best of 4.42 with a 3.93 shuttle. Joey is likely an NFL timed somewhere around 4.55.

I only said he is built like Mike Campanaro. I did not compare him to Mike Campanaro outside of his frame.

And “what’s his skin color?”

In all the years I played sports I found that the black guys I competed with and against typically had more run-jump and fast twitch natural ability. These kids also often had greater wingspan.

Some guys through a combination of athletic ability and work can overcome deficiencies - as pertains the sport they play and nothing to do with them as a human being of any color. Dave Bing was my favorite ball player as a little kid but Dave was not overly talented amongst his peers.But when the game began Dave Bing had an incredible competitive-adrenaline aspect and he could match anyboby on the court. When you combine that with the fact that he was not a dumb jock it made him extra special.

* with Joey Ray..I see him as a slot receiver and he is built like Campanaro in that he is compact and has short arms...deficiencies which can be overcome by amplifying other skills. Campanaro is hurt by his arm length when getting off the line of scrimmage.He partially overcomes this with a very explosive first step that has taken him years of work. It also helped him lead the AFC in punt return avg in 2017.

Guys are listed across the board in College Football — Ok - you with me so far?

It’s the same with ALL the schools. They have a high school time,a collegiate time and then they get the super serious time of the professional tryouts.

Everybody does it..lots of times (sic) the times are for publications and are hyped. It is the same for everybody. So the Alabama prospect who is listed at 4.4 is likely a Pro time of 4.5 to 4.55.

I merely give the Wake Forest players the same consideration and it adds some excitement. Joey Ray was hand timed at a personal best of 4.42 with a 3.93 shuttle. Joey is likely an NFL timed somewhere around 4.55.

I only said he is built like Mike Campanaro. I did not compare him to Mike Campanaro outside of his frame.

Ray isn't a electronic timed 4.55. Or anywhere near that. He's a walk on for a reason.

Ray isn't a electronic timed 4.55. Or anywhere near that. He's a walk on for a reason.

Joey Ray is plenty fast. Speed is not a question. Level of competition,transition to slot;can he run routes;does he have consistent hands;can he get separation?

Last edited:
Joey Ray is plenty fast. Speed is not a question. Level of competition,transition to slot;can he run routes;does he have consistent hands;can he get separation?

I didn't question that. I said he's not anywhere near a 4.55 electronic timed 40 like you stated.

The punt return in the state playoffs shown on Hudl is impressive. He has pretty good speed and will likely get faster at WF.

Ray is a preferred walk on and was only considering top academic schools. UNC-C isn’t even an average academic school.

Bullshit. It is so an average school. And some o f the alumni achieve to great heights without a mountain of debt.

What’s the formal name of the school? What’s its rank in USNews? It’s an oversized commuter community college.

University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Just like the Tarheels are called University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Either you start calling us Charlotte or you start calling UNC at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill.

Similar to Surry Community College?

Much larger with well respected problems. That's your problem as a Wake Forest person is you look down on everybody. Sorry, but some people are smart enough not to Pay $70,000 thousand dollars to take intro to English.

I don't know what happened on my autocorrect. Fucking Siri.

That should read, "Much larger with well respected programs."

I don't know what happened on my autocorrect. Fucking Siri.

That should read, "Much larger with well respected programs."

Yeah, but for $70k per year, they teach us how to edit posts at Wake Forest.

University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Just like the Tarheels are called University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Either you start calling us Charlotte or you start calling UNC at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill.

I call both 'holes. No parody. No confusion.

Last edited:
Back