• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Thanks, IIRC Wolford lobbied to get Ware? a WR to Wake, and did. Maybe that effort works again here. I'd bet Hartman has some pull with the coaches.

I would bet a lot of money that Hartman is putting in his fair share of work with Groulx. Rivals has a good article up with a couple extra nuggets of info that I’ll link when back in the office, but i remember it saying he doesn’t hold offers from USC, Tennessee, or Georgia at this time but they’re likely coming soon. Also that Tennessee is recruiting a couple of his teammates pretty hard.

From the sound of the article, I think Wake and Georgia are the ones checking in on him the most.

This article? https://southcarolina.rivals.com/ne...is-wisconsin-decommitment-and-what-comes-next

“I’ve talked to Georgia, Stanford, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Texas A&M, and South Carolina lately,” he said. “I think coach Hankton from Georgia has done a good job checking in on me. Wake Forest has been pushing really hard with their whole coaching staff. That means a lot to me. The same thing with South Carolina. Stanford has been staying in touch a lot too. At Texas A&M, coach Graham and I have a great relationship.

“Georgia, Stanford, and Tennessee are coming to see us during spring ball,” said Groulx. “Wake Forest and South Carolina are pushing pretty hard. I’ve had a lot of contact with a lot of coaches.
---------------

That looks very good for us. It looks like Wisconsin is still in the mix too.

This article? https://southcarolina.rivals.com/ne...is-wisconsin-decommitment-and-what-comes-next

“I’ve talked to Georgia, Stanford, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Texas A&M, and South Carolina lately,” he said. “I think coach Hankton from Georgia has done a good job checking in on me. Wake Forest has been pushing really hard with their whole coaching staff. That means a lot to me. The same thing with South Carolina. Stanford has been staying in touch a lot too. At Texas A&M, coach Graham and I have a great relationship.

“Georgia, Stanford, and Tennessee are coming to see us during spring ball,” said Groulx. “Wake Forest and South Carolina are pushing pretty hard. I’ve had a lot of contact with a lot of coaches.
---------------

That looks very good for us. It looks like Wisconsin is still in the mix too.

Yeah that one, thanks for posting. I remembered "georgia has done a good job checking in on me" and the Wake sentence - forgot about the last highlighted sentence. I agree I think we're in pretty good shape here. Would be an absolutely massive get for the staff.

If you think for a bit about what we've got in the pipeline at QB and WR, things are looking very good for our offense. This kid with Jones and Surratt? Wow.

Donovan Greene is now the #8 recruit in NC, 38 WR in the nation and a 4 Star. Rumor has it that he is only a soft commit to Duke at this point. ND, GT, UNC, South Carolina, Tennessee, NCSU and many others are still pursuing him. I assume we are as well.

Donovan Greene is now the #8 recruit in NC, 38 WR in the nation and a 4 Star. Rumor has it that he is only a soft commit to Duke at this point. ND, GT, UNC, South Carolina, Tennessee, NCSU and many others are still pursuing him. I assume we are as well.

Gotta give credit where credits due...you were on this kid from jump.

He’s from my hometown. I had lots of reliable information on him and had seen his athletic ability on both the basketball court and football field in person. I just hope we can flip him after he sees our team and wide receivers this fall and considers our great QB situation.

How many WRs will we take in this class?

Make sure you check out his Hudl video. He looks like he would be a great replacement for Dortch going forward. He has good slot size, great route running and shiftiness with and without the ball.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3189716/5a39ac900dc0170dc83e78da

When I went to Elite 11 – Charlotte a few weeks back I was really intending to watch only Brendon Clark and the other 2019/2020 QBs. It’s hard to watch the WRs and DBs, there are a lot of them and they don’t put their names on their back like they do for the QBs. But after a while I noticed that the crowd was buzzing every time one of the WRs took a rep. After one particularly impressive catch the guy standing next to me turned to his buddy and said “he’s be doing that all day long”. I made a point to watch the rest of his reps after that. Turned out it was Nolan Groulx. Really strong, athletic looking slot WR. Really fluid. Competitive. Saw him make a handful of difficult catches once I started watching. He was named WR MVP at the event. I’m totally sold on him.

Interestingly, he didn’t do that well in the combine with the exception of a very good powerball toss (40). His vertical and shuttle were average and he either didn’t run the 40 or scratched his time. Measured 5’11.5 /187 (which strikes me as the size that everyone wants for their slot WR).

I understand the Wake buzz. He definitely looks like a top target to me. He’s been around the program. He has the personal connection with Carney, Monroe and Hartman. There are some other recruits recruiting him on Twitter. He has had a Wake offer for 14 months (note that Wake wasn’t the first P5 to offer though – West Virginia and NC State were in before Wake).

94 - thanks for your take on Groulx.
Would love to have him, and great he's already well connected with some of our players.

If I remember correctly, Dortch didn’t have great 40 times at these things either. We see how that turned out.

Always great to have players with ridiculous 40 times, but there are a few unique players with "football" speed which does not show up in an objective 40 time. Dortch has it; sounds like Grouix has it.

At about 3:15 of that huddle video he freezes the safety with a real subtle move that gave him a huge window to catch the ball. He might not have the straight line speed to break 80 yard runs vs P5 talent, but he seems like one of those guys that will always be open.

Yeah, save for players like Ted Ginn, I would take quickness 9/10 times over a good 40 in the game of football.

Nice find, Skinny. In the recent draft, Calvin Ridley slid down the 1st, mostly because he didn't have "outstanding " 40 times. All he did was get open and catch the ball. I would like to find out the percentage of his non-TD catches that went for 1st downs. Same for Nolan. We need to move the chains, work the clock, and rest our defense. Ruggerio's "2 minute offense" put us behind the eight ball a couple of times last year.

Back