• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Sam Hartman’s official measures from The Opening-Atlanta: 6’1 / 178.

He's growing.....and has gained a lot of weight since he was sick.
Speculation here, but he could be 6' 2" 195 by the time he gets on the field at Wake

I would bet since he coached at Rutgers that Cohen covers New Jersey

I would bet since he coached at Rutgers that Cohen covers New Jersey

Think Cohen covers Georgia. Hemphill having been at Stony Brook on Long Island, you have to imagine his NJ/NY connections are plentiful. Higgins has SC if I recall, he was on Zion Keith and the Kelijiha Brown.

Lineburg was at UConn too. We have plenty of NE experience on the staff.

Just wondering how many FB players we have gotten from the state of New Hampshire over the years? Probably the same amount as Vermont

Very, very rarely. A lot of high schools in NH don't play football anymore and concentrate on soccer.

Sam Hartman’s official measures from The Opening-Atlanta: 6’1 / 178.

He's growing.....and has gained a lot of weight since he was sick.
Speculation here, but he could be 6' 2" 195 by the time he gets on the field at Wake

Those measurements are definitely a plus. 6-2, 195 is Kearns size and he seems to tower over Hinton and Wolford.

Seems like it would fit Clawson's strategy of recruiting the overall footprint of Wake's student body. Though the talent there isn't as strong as other places.

I dont think I would be too upset if we never pulled recruits from that area.

I dont think I would be too upset if we never pulled recruits from that area.

I'd be curious if they've had any good prospects go overlooked and end up in the MAC or AAC.

My numbers may be a little off but I remember a few years back a comparison of D-1 Football prospects between all of the New England States and Florida alone and I believe it was 12-187. We have had luck with Benzinger and Clawson has good connections in that area. This young man stated out on Long Island, NY and I imagine the family moved so he is not a born and bred kind of guy.

Is he Kyle Driscoll, #15, brother? Kyle went to Kellenburg HS and so did Ian. Either way, Welcome Ian and good luck.

Ian Driscoll is from Holderness, NH, not NY. Where are you getting Kellenburg for Ian?

Holderness is a boarding school drawing kids from all over the northeast. Their website says Driscoll is from Garden City without specifying a state. I'd guess they mean New York.

Holderness plays in the NEPSAC, which has four divisions of prep schools from all over New England. Tons of basketball talent annually. Football, more rare.

Last edited:
Ian Driscoll is from Holderness, NH, not NY. Where are you getting Kellenburg for Ian?

If you check out PhDeacs post #250, his hudl highlights of his Jr yr are from Kellenburg Memorial HS in Uniondale NY. Same school as Kyle.

Great post. Thanks for your comments

.and
Ian and Kyle Driscoll are brothers. Both preferred walk ons. Kyle is a redshirt junior and loves wake forest. He contributes wherever he can as QB. He is a veteran and works his butt off with his team. He is the glue that keeps the QBs together. You may not see him on the field but he is smart, a solid athlete and has a great arm. He works well with his fellow QBs and coaches. He is smart and confident. He played baseball in high school, still loves the game. Ian is Kyle's younger brother. Ian plays basketball, lacrosse and football. He was hurt with a groin injury his senior year which kept him in and out of games. He went on to prep school as a PG to play football, basketball and lacrosse in New Hampshire. Although not as big as his older brother, he is fast, scrappy and has a good arm. His is a very athletic kid with tough skin. He also has plenty potential to grow, become faster and stronger. He has great work ethic and will do whatever he needs to in order to help Wake Forest Football. His is in all honors, AP, and is a scholar athlete. They both attended Kellenberg Memorial High School. The CHSFL is a competitive League as you will see several kids (not many) playing d1 football. Some of the Catholic New York City Schools, have sent players to D1 programs. Staten Island St. Joes By The Sea and St Peters. One or two public high schools also. Sometimes Fordham Prep in the Bronx, Stepinac, Iona, Chaminade, St. Anthony's. There are a few every year, maybe every other year. Long Island usually fields great lacrosse teams, baseball, and city basketball. Football not as many but will play in D2, D3 division programs. However, you will find good football programs in a lot of the schools and come across good players that do make it to division 1 schools with scholarship. Off the top of my head Syracuse and Rutgers (logically). There are more. Just have to look on the rosters of D1 programs and Long Island kids are scattered here and there. The West Point young man who passed away was from St Francis Prep. I believe Army has some Long Island kids. New Jersey Catholic League is a step up from New York. They have good football. However we are not known (obviously) as a recruiters field of dreams. Wish wake would go D1 in lacrosse. With all the Long Island talent that plays at Duke and UNC, we would have a great rivalry and boy oh boy, another reason to kick their butts!

Thanks Mr. or Mrs. Driscoll.

It's Mrs. Ph (doc!). This is the only post from me from now on. Figured I would share the info. We love wake forest and I'm so proud that my children are attending a great academic institution!! Go Deacs!!!!

Thank you for posting. You should stick around and learn more about the oddities of Ogboards and how to be an expert poster like PhDeac.

Riscdeac - great handle....I never would have guessed it. Glad to soon have Ian join the family here. Also glad that Kyle is enjoying himself so much. The memories from the few years he spends at Wake will stick with him forever. Some of us older guys can attest to that.
Hope y'all can get down to a few games this year.

('Y'all' is Southern for 'you guys')

Back