• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

ECU doesn't have as good as an atmosphere as State but that's whatever, it's not worth arguing over. Also, where did I dismiss Wake's academics? I just said that I don't think NCSU landing good recruits this season is due to Duke/Wake's academics, that there were other factors that played a much bigger deal. NCSU and Wake have run in the same circle this season for several recruits (based on offer sheets at least), and sometimes the kid fits better at Wake than State and vice versa. Wake would love to have kids like Drake Thomas or Zovon Lindsay but for whatever reason the pitch/school combo was a better fit at State (along with other factors). Same with Donovan Greene. State would love to bring him on board but just has gotten zero traction and it's going nowhere and Wake appears to be in the drivers seat.

Don't take everything as a slight and get you panties in a wad over nothing.

Get outta here with that shit. You're on MY boards, BOY!

Sounds like Clark is leaning ND. Guessing that old Brian Kelly negatively recruited the hell out of WF over the last couple months. So easy to imagine the condescending and hateful tone that spilled out of Kelly's mouth talking about WF to Clark.

Realize that there is not the regional rivalry or the history with ND like there is with State or UNC, but I completely despise Kelly. Such a me-first red-faced prick. Hope Clark educates himself on Kelly's role in the needless death of an ND student manager attempting to film ND practice in 50 degree winds in 2010: https://deadspin.com/5675694/prelude-to-a-tragedy-how-a-notre-dame-student-died-and-why-he-shouldnt-have

Want that ND game this year so badly.

ECU doesn't have as good as an atmosphere as State but that's whatever, it's not worth arguing over. Also, where did I dismiss Wake's academics? I just said that I don't think NCSU landing good recruits this season is due to Duke/Wake's academics, that there were other factors that played a much bigger deal. NCSU and Wake have run in the same circle this season for several recruits (based on offer sheets at least), and sometimes the kid fits better at Wake than State and vice versa. Wake would love to have kids like Drake Thomas or Zovon Lindsay but for whatever reason the pitch/school combo was a better fit at State (along with other factors). Same with Donovan Greene. State would love to bring him on board but just has gotten zero traction and it's going nowhere and Wake appears to be in the drivers seat.

Don't take everything as a slight and get you panties in a wad over nothing.

what's the scoop you have on Donovan Greene? We haven't really had one over here that I've seen.

Most talented kids think that they will play regardless of who is in front of them. The chance to go to a ND who has a lot of tradition or a Clemson who has built a modern day dynasty would be hard to turn down for a kid who wants to be a part of big time football. UNC must be about big school and early playing time. He obviously had Wake as his sure option first and was keeping his options open.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that Donavon Graham will come to Wake? Thought he was leaning ND... Would hate to see him go to UNC as well

Everything that I've read has it as a UNC/Wake battle with Wake in the lead. Duke commit was very premature and they pressured him into it. Want's to stay close to home and WF has a big appeal to him.

what's the scoop you have on Donovan Greene? We haven't really had one over here that I've seen.

All the info that NCSU has gotten is it's a Wake/UNC battle with him wanting to stay close to home. Having Clabo on his HS staff can't hurt. Wake O very appealing to him. Kids overall have a pretty negative outlook on the UNC football program right now and the direction it's heading under Fedora. Think it's a good fit overall for Greene at WF. Several kids from Mount Airy have done very well at WF and that community has a very positive outlook on the school/program.

Most of my information is just regurgitated NCSU info but our guys are pretty good about not sugar coating it and they have been spot on with everything the last 6 months or so. So I trust most of what i'm hearing.

Re: game-day atmosphere, State has consistently the best. The reasons are pretty simple: really nice stadium with great tailgating, huge student body, large alumni base, size of the Raleigh area. UNC has many of those factors too, but basketball is king and always will be, so if the football team isn't great their awful fans give up on it.

I wouldn't change anything about our stadium - it's the nicest in the state, and although very small is the perfect size for us. I've seen games there where the crowd/atmosphere was just as intense as Carter Finley - UNC, ND, and State last season come to mind. Plus, we can drink inside our stadium because our fans act like adults. Good luck doing that in Raleigh.

Re: game-day atmosphere, State has consistently the best. The reasons are pretty simple: really nice stadium with great tailgating, huge student body, large alumni base, size of the Raleigh area. UNC has many of those factors too, but basketball is king and always will be, so if the football team isn't great their awful fans give up on it.

I wouldn't change anything about our stadium - it's the nicest in the state, and although very small is the perfect size for us. I've seen games there where the crowd/atmosphere was just as intense as Carter Finley - UNC, ND, and State last season come to mind. Plus, we can drink inside our stadium because our fans act like adults. Good luck doing that in Raleigh.

+ FSU last year. That was a fun game. Defensive line was wreaking some havoc

Tau06 is not disrespectful to anyone on this board from what I’ve seen. Only brings seemingly valuable info that we may otherwise not get. Thanks for the info Tau.

NCSU is my second favorite tailgate experience and is always fun no matter the opponent. I've been to quite a few big boy SEC tailgates and Clemson a few times and the only place that ever beat State was Tennessee. I don't think anyone can beat tailgating with an armada of boats on a river literally right behind a 100k seat colossus stadium.

NCSU is my second favorite tailgate experience and is always fun no matter the opponent. I've been to quite a few big boy SEC tailgates and Clemson a few times and the only place that ever beat State was Tennessee. I don't think anyone can beat tailgating with an armada of boats on a river literally right behind a 100k seat colossus stadium.

The Grove.

I’ll probably catch hell for saying it, but the atmosphere in Boone for both the tailgate and the game for our trip up there last September was fantastic. Most fun I’ve had at a true road game.

I’ll probably catch hell for saying it, but the atmosphere in Boone for both the tailgate and the game for our trip up there last September was fantastic. Most fun I’ve had at a true road game.

I'm in favor of playing App State as much as possible. I don't care if it's in Boone as often as W-S. It was a great time.

After a double-secret midnight rendezvous at Clemson? I'm thinking that ship has sailed, at this point.

I am going to float a conspiracy theory ... Swinney's goal in recruiting Clark and getting him to visit was more about shaking him loose from Wake than getting him to come to Clemson. Anybody buy that? There really isn't a logical place for him on the Clemson roster, and now it looks like he won't be going to a "lesser" but on the rise team that is in his division. Already a recruiting win for Clemson.

Back