• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I cannot wait to see what this roster looks like as we keep building. Was excited for Groulx but the thought of him and Greene playing together is amazing. Gotta think Clark is kicking himself in the ass right now.

I'm sure whoever he commits to will have plenty of 4* WRs. The question for Clark is if he'll ever get to throw to them in a game.

Lol, Dortch will be way gone by then.

While Dortch has elite quickness and athleticism in general, he is also a bit undersized, even for his position. No doubt he goes to the NFL if he keeps those numbers up (which I wholeheartedly think he will). However, I could see him staying one more year and us having what has to be a top 3 receiving core in the ACC (Dortch, Groulx, Greene, Washington). I also think Scotty Washington will be more likely to go to the NFL if he has a big year, can't pass up that frame with such good hands. Hopefully not, we would be stacked for Hinton (or Hartman) if they both stayed another year.

Dortch is listed an inch shorter and 15 lbs smaller than the best WR in the game. If he has the season we think he will have, he will get drafted.

Last edited:
If Dortch leaves after this season, as hard as it would be lose him, that would mean that he built on his ridiculous red-shirt frosh season, which is good for WF. Also, when college football programs lose players after 3 years to the NFL, that helps on the recruiting trail. Not ready to call it likely, but if Dortch is able to head the NFL after the season, it's a net positive.

Greene will be really good but I wouldn't expect him to be a big contributor right out of the box even with his lofty recruiting ranking. He's got everything you want but will have to get a lot stronger, adjust to the competition, and get more physical in general. The competition he plays now he isn't on the field with another D1 guy other than 2-3 games a season and he still fancy's himself as a basketball player playing football rather than a football player. He will have an adjustment period to the physicality of D1 corners and how quickly he contributes will be a factor of how he adjust to that physicality. All the tools are there though. Just my 2 cents.

Expecting true frosh WRs to contribute is not particularly smart. Most need at least 1 year in the system to really develop.

I'm sure whoever he commits to will have plenty of 4* WRs. The question for Clark is if he'll ever get to throw to them in a game.

This. If he goes to a place like ND or Clemson, he will have probably have 4-5 WRs ranked higher than any of our guys on the roster. He will also probably have 3-4 QBs ranked higher than him on the roster as well.

This. If he goes to a place like ND or Clemson, he will have probably have 4-5 WRs ranked higher than any of our guys on the roster. He will also probably have 3-4 QBs ranked higher than him on the roster as well.

Didn't one of Clemson's leading candidates at QB transfer about the same time that Clark decommitted?

Didn't one of Clemson's leading candidates at QB transfer about the same time that Clark decommitted?

The class of 2017 5 star transferred after falling behind the class of 2018 5 star that is battling the returning starter. Not sure the status of the couple of other 4 stars on the roster. I would guess they will transfer over the next couple of seasons. And as noted before, Clemson already has a commitment from a 2019 QB that is ranked quite a bit higher than Clark.

Greene will be really good but I wouldn't expect him to be a big contributor right out of the box even with his lofty recruiting ranking. He's got everything you want but will have to get a lot stronger, adjust to the competition, and get more physical in general. The competition he plays now he isn't on the field with another D1 guy other than 2-3 games a season and he still fancy's himself as a basketball player playing football rather than a football player. He will have an adjustment period to the physicality of D1 corners and how quickly he contributes will be a factor of how he adjust to that physicality. All the tools are there though. Just my 2 cents.

^
This.
My 3 cents. Now we have a nickel's worth

Don’t sleep on Sage Surratt

I have a feeling we are all going to be perfectly happy with having RS Soph Surratt starting over true frosh Greene - with absolutely no disrespect to the enormous talents brought to the table by the freshman.

I have a feeling we are all going to be perfectly happy with having RS Soph Surratt starting over true frosh Greene - with absolutely no disrespect to the enormous talents brought to the table by the freshman.

Surratt is going to be really good. The fact that he's being overlooked just goes to prove how good this position is looking for us right now.

Surratt and Bachman. We already have a top half ACC WR core. Washington, Dortch, Surratt, Bachman, and Roberson (has had good reviews since camp). Add that to our stable of backs, and we should have a very good offense again.

Back