• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

We made CB Jaycee Horn's top seven, along with Ohio St, Alabama, Tennessee, ole miss, auburn and a few others.

This is a big commitment. Not that many Clawson commits have had more P5 offers than Woulard. Mike Allen, Zander Zimmer, Taleni Suhren, Rashawn Shaw, and Dionte Austin. Maybe a couple more that I am forgetting. Seems like a terrific kid too. There is a real sense of momentum with this class.

Wrong forum but is there any discussion regarding that possibility? Anyone willing to start a discussion thread? Is there interest from the athletic department or alum? Curious if it's been addressed or possible. Thanks.

Not to derail the football recruiting thread, but the word is starting a men's lacrosse program will be tough due to Title IX requirements. That being said, lots of other schools are doing so. Not sure there is support in the AD/President's office unfortunately.

https://n.rivals.com/news/wake-forest-lands-georgia-db-peyton-woulard

Love the prom bit and I really love being Vandy and Duke. Some bad news at the end of the article in that he plans take visits and continue the recruiting process.

We are the #30 class on Rivals and #20 on 247. We had 2 players in the 2017 class rated .850 or higher on 247 (Allen and Burley). We already have 4 players rated .850 or higher in the 2018 class (QB Hartman, DT Brown, S Woulard, and OT Edwards).

Yeah, sounds like the work isn't over but a great verbal.

Not to derail the football recruiting thread, but the word is starting a men's lacrosse program will be tough due to Title IX requirements. That being said, lots of other schools are doing so. Not sure there is support in the AD/President's office unfortunately.

We would have to completely disband a current men's team in favor of it or add a women's team. Softball would be the obvious addition if the latter option is chosen. Richmond cut its soccer program in favor of lax a few years ago and are now top 15. Don't think it'd be wise to go that route

Focus on making our current programs nationally relevant.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

We would have to completely disband a current men's team in favor of it or add a women's team. Softball would be the obvious addition if the latter option is chosen. Richmond cut its soccer program in favor of lax a few years ago and are now top 15. Don't think it'd be wise to go that route

Just add both men's and women's lax.

Something like the chart on the basketball recruiting thread would be easier because it follows the roster from year to year instead of breaking it down just into classes.

The first year would have 82 players on it so I figured this was easier to grasp.

Something like the chart on the basketball recruiting thread would be easier because it follows the roster from year to year instead of breaking it down just into classes.

I don't have time to do that, but somebody should if they do.

I don't have time to do that, but somebody should if they do.

If that's what y'all want then I can make one like that too. It will take some time, but I'll try to get it up today.

In the chart that we've already done it has the same effect if you just look from "X" year over if you want to see who will be there from a certain year.

Back