• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

He probably didn’t want to sit behind Hartman for 2 or 3 years.

I promise you there's not a single coach on the Wake Forest staff who is the least bit concerned about Clark "thinking twice about his decision." They moved on pretty quickly.

splain yourself... seems as if you’re hinting more at the staff getting fed up with his antics/shopping around, and less so about his talent. Is that fair?

Not speaking for Les and as a RICHMONDEr or a disappointed person but I believe Les is saying That they wanted Clark and respect his talent but at the point that he decided to go elsewhere they also respected that and went out to find a substitute which they accomplished both for this year and the year following. I wish him well but my sense is that he will be up against stiff competition every year he is at Notre Dame

Last edited:
splain yourself... seems as if you’re hinting more at the staff getting fed up with his antics/shopping around, and less so about his talent. Is that fair?

Yeah. Not a talent issue in the least bit. He's a talented kid who will compete for playing time wherever he goes. I'm definitely not saying 'he wasn't wanted.' Wake liked his skills, recruited him heavily, got an early commitment and thought they were done with QBs for the class.

But I'm confident after he wavered on his commitment and took the unannounced midnight rendezvous to Clemson the staff had probably seen enough. If he didn't want to come to Wake, fine. There are plenty of talented football players who do.

Yeah. Not a talent issue in the least bit. He's a talented kid who will compete for playing time wherever he goes. I'm definitely not saying 'he wasn't wanted.' Wake liked his skills, recruited him heavily, got an early commitment and thought they were done with QBs for the class.

But I'm confident after he wavered on his commitment and took the unannounced midnight rendezvous to Clemson the staff had probably seen enough. If he didn't want to come to Wake, fine. There are plenty of talented football players who do.

Well said.

Better outcome for my ego vs. going to mega church preacher dawwwbo in a mid nite sleeze move.

Not speaking for Les and as a RICHMONDEr or a disappointed person but I believe Les is saying That they wanted Clark and respect his talent but at the point that he decided to go elsewhere they also respected that and went out to find a substitute which they accomplished both for this year and the year following. I wish him well but my sense is that he will be up against stiff competition every year he is at Notre Dame

Well stated.

You know what's awesome about those NC rankings? UNC doesn't have a commit until the #30 player in the State.

Hope it stays that way, but I would wait until Feb before gloating...

They may end up with brown, but other than him, UNC won’t be a top choice for anyone else on that list. They may end up with afield a or Battle but would be due to those guys not having commitable offers to their first 2-3 choices because they wait to commit and lose their spot. Another 3-9 season from ole Red Bull and he’s gone and UNC will end up with recruiting class that will be the worst in that programs history. Lucky for them the state of NC is so deep this year that good players can be found outside the top 30 this year.

I have to wonder about a player who selects Louisville over Wake. I’m sure he has met with Clawson and Petrino, visited the campuses, and heard them pitch the benefits of attending their school. If you come away thinking Louisville is the better choice and want to play for Bobby Petrino than I question the young man’s decision making.

Yeah, can't be surprised when 17 and 18 year old kids don't look at the world the same way a bunch of 30-60 year olds do. UL is the last place I'd consider as a recruit, even though many continue to consider them to be a "big time" program. Sleeziest coach in FB, shitty academics, program on decline. But whatever, fuck them. I can't wait to kick their ass this year.

Back