• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

McCollum's offer list is of the exact type we HAVE to win in order to take the next step (Duke, ECU, App)

:dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac: Nice job staff, and WELCOME SHAMAR!!! :dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac:

ECU and APP? Duke granted, but we get plenty of players with Duke offers.

Clark got that ND recruit ranking bump in the new 247 rankings. Not bitter, just saying.

Last edited:
He REALLY needs to bulk up (obvious statement is obvious).

But claw likes bringing in athletes-first on both lines then bulking them up. See Phil Haynes in the OL who came in at 240 but was a freak athlete and starred in basketball.

He REALLY needs to bulk up (obvious statement is obvious).

But claw likes bringing in athletes-first on both lines then bulking them up. See Phil Haynes in the OL who came in at 240 but was a freak athlete and starred in basketball.

I have no doubt that if Shamar enroll early and gets going on eating plus aggressive S & C, that he'll be around 240 by the time next fall rolls around. Would be great for him to be able to redshirt, but with his athleticism, he could be playing as a true freshman.

I have no doubt that if Shamar enroll early and gets going on eating plus aggressive S & C, that he'll be around 240 by the time next fall rolls around. Would be great for him to be able to redshirt, but with his athleticism, he could be playing as a true freshman.

Think it's worth remembering that Clawson has said it's harder for OLs and DLs to play as true freshmen than any other positions. Not impossible. Just harder.

McCollum has the skills to compete consistently against the top 10.

Yeah I know those were just drills, but he made those OL look stupid, and presumably they were all high or relatively highly ranked recruits themselves.

Also, that route and catch from Groulx in the video were awesome.

Think it's worth remembering that Clawson has said it's harder for OLs and DLs to play as true freshmen than any other positions. Not impossible. Just harder.

Yeah. Michael Allen redshirted this year. He was listed on 247 and Rivals at 6-4/220, 6-4/232, and 6-6/241 depending on where you look. He's on the roster at 6-5/255 now.

A reminder:

Of course, remember everybody can play up to 4 games as a true freshman now.

More of Groulx making DBs look silly right here. Start at 1:15.

This is going to be my favorite thing about recruiting rankings all season. https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

The top 4 players in the Class of 2015 aren't on the roster, and none of them were even on the roster last year.

But with players 14-18, you've got 4 starters and a Jessie Bates III.

I'm not saying Groulx and Greene and Flowers and McCollum and Co. won't be beasts immediately. My point is that it'll always be more important what these guys do once they get to campus, get into Brandon Hourigan's program and Clawson and his staff get to coaching them.

Also shows Claw can identify talent. So when posters get bent out of shape when we get a commitment from a Jake Benzinger, might need to chill.

A great get is the Cape Fear LB who Doeren and NCSU offered on the spot.

Lots of similarities to Curry out of Fayetteville who was 6�2-195 as a HS Sr in the East-West game that year.

Like Curry,he is a converted S. He is a military kid.

*Difference is the Cape Fear kid measured 6�3 - 227 and clocked an incredible 4.65 for the NCSU staff and has these measurables before his Sr season

This is going to be my favorite thing about recruiting rankings all season. https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

The top 4 players in the Class of 2015 aren't on the roster, and none of them were even on the roster last year.

But with players 14-18, you've got 4 starters and a Jessie Bates III.

I'm not saying Groulx and Greene and Flowers and McCollum and Co. won't be beasts immediately. My point is that it'll always be more important what these guys do once they get to campus, get into Brandon Hourigan's program and Clawson and his staff get to coaching them.

Reid is the only one who wasn’t as talented as anticipated, and he stayed injured. Archibald had a bad injury and never returned to school. Looking through 14-18, that has turned out to be a very good class.

Back