• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

More of Groulx making DBs look silly right here. Start at 1:15.

Nice clip Big P!

�Nasty� as one competitor described his camp performance. The most polished route runner I saw with Tory Holt type precision with jab step,hand strength off the line and speed through breaks. The head fakes are pro level already.

The aWAKEning is real. Clawson is pulling in the best class in Wake Forest history right now, and we are getting ready to make some noise in college football.

Yeah I know those were just drills, but he made those OL look stupid, and presumably they were all high or relatively highly ranked recruits themselves.

Also, that route and catch from Groulx in the video were awesome.

Agree. Ideally, would like to see him redshirt.
Although I'm guessing we'll see him in a few games toward the end of the season due to the new 4 game redshirt rule.

I wonder if we might see more early enrollees with the new 4-game rule.

Unless another NCAA rule change takes place, no. The two things aren't currently connected at all. The number of early enrollees is completely a function on how many scholarships are available in the spring, with the most common factor being how many seniors and redshirt juniors are graduating. This year, Jessie Bates leaving early did allow Wake to bring in one more at the last minute, but you still have to adhere to the 85 scholarship player limit.

This is going to be my favorite thing about recruiting rankings all season. https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

The top 4 players in the Class of 2015 aren't on the roster, and none of them were even on the roster last year.

But with players 14-18, you've got 4 starters and a Jessie Bates III.

I'm not saying Groulx and Greene and Flowers and McCollum and Co. won't be beasts immediately. My point is that it'll always be more important what these guys do once they get to campus, get into Brandon Hourigan's program and Clawson and his staff get to coaching them.

You really cannot stress this point enough. This is why developmental programs (WF) depend so heavily on a coach and his staff which have the superior skills and talents. They've got to have some breaks but when the HC is really good at this it really makes all the difference in the world.

Think it's worth remembering that Clawson has said it's harder for OLs and DLs to play as true freshmen than any other positions. Not impossible. Just harder.

probably where raw weight/strength matters the most

^^
The past three posts, exactly.

Man, yall just over here returning my faith in this board after watching the basketball recruiting thread spiral this morning. haha

Wake Forest is in Re-Load Mode.

There is no turning back..no dip in the road.

This 2018 team is badass regardless who steers at QB
I like John Wolford just fine but he isn’t Dave Clawson

Dave Clawson and the coaches and organization he has built.. ‘these’ (sic) are the most important returnees for 2018-19

Sounds right
e29cbf269d4c536ef3927a2165823f42.jpg

While they are at it, they can get rid of that football coach of theirs as well. He is a real high class inspiration to all student athletes.

While they are at it, they can get rid of that football coach of theirs as well. He is a real high class inspiration to all student athletes.

That;s okay, they don't have any of those at L"ville anyway

All are "not yet" or "never were". None have made All-ACC. I expect Sulaiman to be the first to live up to expectations.

Just googled Dionte Austin and see that he will be playing at Richmond. I thought he showed flashes his frosh season and had some good potential, but he was forced to play way too early. Would have definitely benefited from a redshirt season, and maybe even another season of S&C before really seeing the field.

[h=1]Top 11 ranked Wake Forest recruits of the Dave Clawson Era[/h]
https://247sports.com/college/wake-...f-the-Dave-Clawson-Era-119829533/#119829533_1

I believe I posted about #1 Donavon Greene a year ago and was ridiculed. Maybe I deserved that because of 2 years of CMM bashing and Greene’s low profile at the time, but I feel pretty good about being right about his talent. Feel even better that he will play for the Deacons. His commitment to Duke during the weekend of the UNC-Duke basketball game was crushing. The staff deserves tons of credit for continuing to recruit Greene all spring. We have James Brim 2.0.

I believe I posted about #1 Donavon Greene a year ago and was ridiculed. Maybe I deserved that because of 2 years of CMM bashing and Greene’s low profile at the time, but I feel pretty good about being right about his talent. Feel even better that he will play for the Deacons. His commitment to Duke during the weekend of the UNC-Duke basketball game was crushing. The staff deserves tons of credit for continuing to recruit Greene all spring. We have James Brim 2.0.

Good call.

Back