• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I believe I posted about #1 Donavon Greene a year ago and was ridiculed. Maybe I deserved that because of 2 years of CMM bashing and Greene’s low profile at the time, but I feel pretty good about being right about his talent. Feel even better that he will play for the Deacons. His commitment to Duke during the weekend of the UNC-Duke basketball game was crushing. The staff deserves tons of credit for continuing to recruit Greene all spring. We have James Brim 2.0.
They were not as good at evaluating talent!

They were not as good at evaluating talent!

I was going mostly by the high praise for Donovan by my cousin in Mt Airy who had seen him play football and basketball as a sophomore and by watching hudl (football) and YouTube (hoops) video. Then Donovan camped at WFU last summer and was offered a scholarship on the spot. I finally saw Donovan live during the first home MA football game in Sept, 2017, when Greene scored on both offense and defense with length of the field runs after catching /intercepting. All of his touches went for scores and he was tall, fast,athletic and had good hands. It was easy to see that he had ACC level talent. Other teams finally came MA to watch him during the season and the run to the state championship game. By that time, he had offers from WF, Duke, NCSU, UNC, USC, VT, Tenn and Notre Dame.

Wake Forest is in an enviable position in terms of location. It would be instructive to see a top area players list from the last 5 years. Include east to Gibsonville with Triad and south to Charlotte just for a sample of the talent produced within this swath of the “5 hour drive-radius”

It is an impressive collection.. and you can include the current Stanford Heisman candidate from Wake Forest, NC if you stretch 40 minutes further to the East.

Wake Forest is in an enviable position in terms of location. It would be instructive to see a top area players list from the last 5 years. Include east to Gibsonville with Triad and south to Charlotte just for a sample of the talent produced within this swath of the “5 hour drive-radius”

It is an impressive collection.. and you can include the current Stanford Heisman candidate from Wake Forest, NC if you stretch 40 minutes further to the East.

It takes you over 5 hours to drive to Wake Forest, NC?

I always took that 5-hour drive window to extend from DC/Tidewater/MD down to Atlanta

It takes you over 5 hours to drive to Wake Forest, NC?

I always took that 5-hour drive window to extend from DC/Tidewater/MD down to Atlanta

That is how I understood it. Aren't 90% of the recruits from between Maryland and Jacksonville?

“Within this swath of the 5 hour..”

Add 40 minutes while heading East from Burlington you bag of dickless cock-suckers

“Within this swath of the 5 hour..”

Add 40 minutes while heading East from Burlington you bag of dickless cock-suckers
Do you need a class of remedial North Carolina geography?

Free story that I'll update with quotes ASAP.

Highest rated commit in the Clawson era.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...lan-Groulx-commits-to-Wake-Forest--119114166/

Nolan Groulx is GOOD. I've been meaning to post about him. I coached Nolan (alongside Nolan's father Steve) for a few years but he was a QB then. Of course, in middle school football you put your best athlete at QB and let him just go. Nolan is a good friend of my son's and I know him very well. He's an outstanding athlete and effort kid. Works his butt off. His older brother Garrett is a lineman at James Madison who scored 44 touchdowns in only 8 games as a running back. This is a family of great athletes and they WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF. Nolan lives in my neighborhood and it's nothing to see him running before the sun comes up - BEFORE school. Also, Nolan is a fantastic young man. I mean absolutely one of the best young men I've ever been around. Extremely mature. Total first class. He's the type of kid that if he for some reason couldn't get on the field quite yet at receiver, put him at cornerback and he would still be a stud.

Nolan Groulx is GOOD. I've been meaning to post about him. I coached Nolan (alongside Nolan's father Steve) for a few years but he was a QB then. Of course, in middle school football you put your best athlete at QB and let him just go. Nolan is a good friend of my son's and I know him very well. He's an outstanding athlete and effort kid. Works his butt off. His older brother Garrett is a lineman at James Madison who scored 44 touchdowns in only 8 games as a running back. This is a family of great athletes and they WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF. Nolan lives in my neighborhood and it's nothing to see him running before the sun comes up - BEFORE school. Also, Nolan is a fantastic young man. I mean absolutely one of the best young men I've ever been around. Extremely mature. Total first class. He's the type of kid that if he for some reason couldn't get on the field quite yet at receiver, put him at cornerback and he would still be a stud.

It is great hearing reports from people who actually know recruits both as athletes and as individuals. thanks

Wait, his brother is a lineman and a running back at James Madison? Or is a lineman at JMU and played running back in high school?

Do you need a stick-shift stuffed up your ass?
I see the real Lectro is back. Dude, you're somewhat ok and adorable when you're just blowing smoke up the assess of our recruits. You're insufferable when you start pretending to be an e-tough guy and making threats that you never intend to follow through on.

I am familiar with Mr. Racer and Mr. Lectro. I am not concerned about them manipulating themselves in a parking lot.

It seems time does not necessarily bring maturity. I hope our recruits/players do much, much better. Seems they would have to.

Back