• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I also like the fact that he really involves the parents in his camps. Not many football teaching guys do that. That general philosophy should help with kids who want to come to Wake. Wonder if either of the two LS (Jr Dayton Deimel or Fr Noah Turner) on Wake's roster attended any of Rubio's camps. If not, the next guy recruited to Wake as a LS should have attended one or more of them.

Noah has been going to Rubio camps for the last four years.

Noah has been going to Rubio camps for the last four years.

That is good to hear. Noah's bio on the Wake site is pretty limited right now. If Rubio recommended him he should be pretty good or better.

New Jersey has been good to Wake Forest football

And the university in general. I’m assuming that NJ is still one of the most represented states in the WFU student body. My freshman year roommate introduced me to Bruce Springsteen (1976). Ironically, he pledged KA along with a huge group of NJ freshmen. They were all great guys.

Re: Chase Jones

This article appeared in NJ last week, apparently just before the verbal to Wake....

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...potlight-preps-chase-jones-is-a-coachs-dream/

FYI - St Peter's Prep is an annual NJ powerhouse in the Non-Public Group IV ( Highest category ) that often plays big-time out of state powers, large in-state public schools and the other NJ Non-Public powers in Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco Prep and St Joseph Regional. Thus this kid is/will be thoroughly battle tested by the time he reports to Wake.

Re: Chase Jones

This article appeared in NJ last week, apparently just before the verbal to Wake....

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...potlight-preps-chase-jones-is-a-coachs-dream/

FYI - St Peter's Prep is an annual NJ powerhouse in the Non-Public Group IV ( Highest category ) that often plays big-time out of state powers, large in-state public schools and the other NJ Non-Public powers in Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco Prep and St Joseph Regional. Thus this kid is/will be thoroughly battle tested by the time he reports to Wake.

Great read about a great kid. Sounds like a future great addition to Wake FB.

Guys, really?

Bill Ard
Jay Venuto
Ricky Proehl

It didn't take long for the point to be made that a bunch of good to great Wake FB players have come from NJ. Even though it is outside their designated primary recruiting radius, NJ should still be considered fertile ground for finding kids to come to Wake and play FB.

It didn't take long for the point to be made that a bunch of good to great Wake FB players have come from NJ. Even though it is outside their designated primary recruiting radius, NJ should still be considered fertile ground for finding kids to come to Wake and play FB.

Yeah. Looks like Jersey City, NJ is closer to campus than the Orlando area and we had a few guys in the last class from there.

To put a finer point on this....

Have we ever grabbed a consensus top recruit from St Peter's or from programs like Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic or St Joseph Regional ? I know we've got the kid from Delbarton ( a very good academic school ) but they're a step below these schools in football. Tucker was a diamond in the rough from an even smaller football wise private school in Morristown Beard. AIR, many/most of our other Jerseyans hailed from South Jersey.

That's what's great about getting this Jones kid from a St. Peter's. ND, BC, Penn State, Rutgers, etcetera have heavily recruited these programs annually....and now Wake has a foot in the door for the future.

The in-state competition in NJ is a lot less than in FL. One (weak) P5 program. Fl has three high level P5 programs plus multiple G5 programs that are up and coming.

Ya lost me guys.

NJ is not near par with Florida or Texas, California and probably Ohio and Pennsylvania either.

All I'm saying is Wake just scored a recruiting plum with one of the 5 best/fertile programs in NJ. Hopefully bodes well for the future.

Ya lost me guys.

NJ is not near par with Florida or Texas, California and probably Ohio and Pennsylvania either.

All I'm saying is Wake just scored a recruiting plum with one of the 5 best/fertile programs in NJ. Hopefully bodes well for the future.

The point is that while NJ does not have as many potential recruits as places like Florida etc., the in-state competition is much less than the smaller supply. Rutgers and Princeton are the only known in-state D1 football programs. Florida has seven FBS programs, three of them P5 programs. That is a lot more competition than in NJ for about twice as many kids.

NJ has been and will continue to be a spot for picking up a good recruit or two for Wake. What would you prefer for your in-state competition? Rutgers and Princeton or Florida, FSU, Miami, UCF, USF, FIU, Florida Atlantic, plus MEAC schools Bethune Cookman and Florida A&M?

B1G schools are starting to recruit NJ really hard, particulary tOSU and Michigan.

Back