Page 18 of 251 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by dcon69 View Post
    Under .500? Send 'em to Shreveport. Punishment enough.
    Exactly. WGAF. Don't watch. Don't fret about a mediocre team receiving a "reward."

Quote Originally Posted by raldeac View Post
    Yes, if not enough 6-6 or better teams, they drop to 5-7 of those they rule with the best academic record. Had Duke won a 5th last year they would have been in that mix.
    Mississippi State had one of the best academic records? #educationsnob

Quote Originally Posted by mebanedeac View Post
    Hope he proves to be considerably better than the last grad who transferred into our defensive backflield.

He looks like a player
    Zach Dancel was a stud.
    beer and titties

Quote Originally Posted by zqglass View Post
    Zach Dancel was a stud.
    I think he's talking about Devin Gaulden from Wisconsin.

They both sucked tbh

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    God, we've had some bad ones recently.
    beer and titties

We are talking about grad transfers after all.

If they had no flaws, they would: a) be headed to the league, b) not likely to leave the program if they are major contributors. Typically, grad transfers have some skills to be intriguing, but also have some issues that kept them from being the player may not see, but the coaches do.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    That's correct

Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    They both sucked tbh
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacsfan27 View Post
    This is a pretty good grab by the staff. I would expect him to start at one of the corner spots if he is healthy and have Bassey/Henderson battle it out for the other starting spot.
    Respectfully 27, know we're razor thin at CB and certainly trust Clawson's eye but I'm just reluctant to auto him as a starter. I think there's a " well he played for MSU so he's got to be good " assumption. In that vid he didn't score going away and MSU's 2016 stats on him look rather pedestrian. He is jacked though so hopefully he's a hitter. May be starter by default....we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO2 View Post
    Respectfully 27, know we're razor thin at CB and certainly trust Clawson's eye but I'm just reluctant to auto him as a starter. I think there's a " well he played for MSU so he's got to be good " assumption. In that vid he didn't score going away and MSU's 2016 stats on him look rather pedestrian. He is jacked though so hopefully he's a hitter. May be starter by default....we'll see.
    I don't think we would be bringing in the guy if we didn't plan on starting him. CB is one of our weakest/youngest positions too.
    Mother So Dear '12

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by HONDO2 View Post
    I think it's more of a "well he's 23 years old in his 6th season of college football so he's got to be better than our young corners" assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I think it's more of a "well he's 23 years old in his 6th season of college football so he's got to be better than our young corners" assumption.
    Pretty logical and rational assumption......

No way a 6th year player picks a school he doesn't think he's starting for.

Quote Originally Posted by zqglass View Post
    Zach Dancel was a stud.
    Not really, but better than the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    His pre-injury 4.3 40 time is impressive. Wonder what it would be now.

Quote Originally Posted by mebanedeac View Post
    Not really, but better than the other guy.
    sarcasm. His dime piece gf sure thought he was though..
    beer and titties

I think any experience helps and takes some pressure off of the young guys to perform. Haven't seen much film on him, but he looks like a decent bend-don't-break corner who can make open field tackles. Very limited video, but some limited coverage skills, but seems to recover decently enough.

1 PBU last season seems a bit weak.

Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    I think any experience helps and takes some pressure off of the young guys to perform. Haven't seen much film on him, but he looks like a decent bend-don't-break corner who can make open field tackles. Very limited video, but some limited coverage skills, but seems to recover decently enough.

1 PBU last season seems a bit weak.
    Maybe he shut his dudes down so much that they just didn't throw his way.
    Mother So Dear '12

Minimal chatter about the Jiles transfer on the MSU 247 boards except for a bunch of well wishes and complimentary remarks about our academics.