• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Maybe he shut his dudes down so much that they just didn't throw his way.

From what I've seen, it may be mostly scheme - it looks like the CBs gave a huge cushion and left underneath routes open. He recovered well and made tackles in what I could find. The only PBU, however, was against Jaskconville St where the WR beat him on an endzone fade, and Giles recovered and knocked the ball out of his hands as the WR was bringing it in.

Sage wants to play basketball as well, but the football coaches do not want him to play both.

Need to introduce the Football staff to Rusty. He did both very well. I think it would depend on how much Manning wants him and whether Clawson is willing to listen. I would let the kid give it a try one year and see how it goes

Maybe he can offer them a full season of Doral for the explicit purpose of blocking FGs on special teams.

The key targets for the 2018 class are coming into a little better focus, but I still have work to do in order to get a good list together. As in previous cycles, I do my best to come up with a shorter list of recruits to focus on. This cycle has been a little more challenging to narrow the field (fewer visits being publicized on Twitter etc). To make things more complicated there are still new 2018 offers going out. I’ll keep working at it so look for more updates.

I’ve included height/weight only when “official” measures are available from the camp circuit.

I’ve included Jaycee Horn even though Alabama is a clear favorite. It looks to me like Wake remains heavily involved.

The spring evaluation period runs through the end of May, so the coaches are on the road. I imagine guys are moving up and down the staff’s board as they get an opportunity to see these recruits live. The spring eval period will lead right into Wake’s camp season in June.

Fingers crossed for continued momentum on the recruiting front.

vwyg4z.jpg

2qtcpkh.jpg

Last edited:
Is it me or is the fact there are only 2 kids from NC on this chart disappointing???

We have seemingly offered a ton of kids from outside the state of NC.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of that vs. the first few years of Clawson.

Is it me or is the fact there are only 2 kids from NC on this chart disappointing???

Looks like we're mostly targeting states with only 2 P5 programs.

Looks like we're mostly targeting states with only 2 P5 programs.

Is there any other state with four (or more) P5 programs (all in the same conference!) that is the situation in NC? Texas?

Is there any other state with four (or more) P5 programs (all in the same conference!) that is the situation in NC? Texas?

NC, TX, and CA. That's it.

There are a few more with 3. The states we seem to be targeting have 2 P5 and 1 or fewer AAC programs, so fewer in-state programs to pick up the slack.

LOL. Why do we care about any of this? We should just show up in September and be like, "Oh, these guys are on the team!"

LOL. Why do we care about any of this? We should just show up in September and be like, "Oh, these guys are on the team!"

Pretty sure they meant that it doesn't matter what state they're from, as long as we're maximizing our talent. I've lived in NC all my life, and don't have any issue with taking fewer NC kids, as long as it means we get better overall talent. Clawson will also assuredly prioritize and offer some lesser known NC kids as the process goes on.

On that note, a lot of fanbases, especially state schools, have factions that really pine for local kids. Hell, even some Ohio State fans, who had the #2 class for 2017 were complaining that more Ohio kids weren't offered.

Why do we care what State they are from?

Clawson has a preference for players who live within a half day's drive to Wake. Inside that footprint, apparently he and staff are looking at states with fewer in-state competitors for prospects. The fewer options kids have to stay home, the more likely they will respond favorably to an invitation to come to Wake. It's not determinative, but it should be a little bit helpful.

Back