• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Clawson was the OC at Tennessee in 2008 (under Fulmer).

The starting tailback on that offense was Arian Foster.

Last edited:
I haven't taken a good look, but wondering how many recruits we're competing with Tennessee for?
Wouldn't think that many.
One that comes to mind recently was Rocky Reid, who flipped from UT to Wake at the last minute.
Unfortunately, he didn't work out as expected.

Any word on who Wake is planning to camp with?

Any camp updates, new offers, gossip, etc?

So nobody has any news at all about camp last weekend?

Btw, I saw Butch Jones in Chattanooga today, but didn't get a chance to ask him about his experience at Wake.

Seems like we got an OL commit based on tweet from Coach Tabacca.

@CoachTabacca

Just got a big time addition to the 2018 class! #KeepBuilding #BeefBoys

Probably Gwyn, Gonzalez, or McFadden based on recent interviews

I would be thrilled with any one of those. They all have multiple p5 offers

Gwyn actually picked up his 4th star on Rivals the other day. Kid is blowing up. Maybe he's the least likely of the 3

Familiar with the new DC's system.

Seems like we got an OL commit based on tweet from Coach Tabacca.

@CoachTabacca

Just got a big time addition to the 2018 class! #KeepBuilding #BeefBoys

My guess is Michael Jurgens (Damascus, MD). He was offered 4 days ago. Recent P5 offers from Louisville, Syracuse and Rutgers. High academic kid. But that's just my speculation. Hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/2396336/michael-jurgens

Welcome Nick. He can give good leadership to our 3 new LBs.

What unique grad programs does Wake have to offer the grad transfers?

MA Business for one. Not many schools offer. It is an MBA light without all the quant stuff. MA - Div is another. There are plenty but I thought that earlier requirement for grad transfers is no longer enforced.

Back