• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Perfect spot to post. Thanks! Greg Dortch is also a fan of the California kid.

Good lord.. I remember when I used to pray for Fabian Davis to stay healthy..
Depth was Jax Landfried, right? Hell, I can remember..

But what nobody can remember ever seeing is the sheer number of big,tall,fast,small WR’s as this collection of returning Deacs have going into 2019 — even without the great Greg Dortch and the super clutch-time Bach.

Look at the internal competition — it is night and day from the days of hoping Jordan Williams and J Crump would emerge (attitude for the former and inj. took the latter)

So let’s jump in somewhere,regardless of class/age,and project Wideouts for 2019 and beyond.They are the Bread and Butter of the Program,afterall.

Sage Surratt — 6’3-220 RS Soph — where to begin? As Coach has stated “tremendous ball skills” and truly one of the greatest athletes in NC HS history. First descriptor: Driven to be great..and believes he will be. Comes fully out of the shadow of his brother.

A.T. Perry - 6’5-205 RS FR. - long,fluid athlete who was a late bloomer — see Texan Waydale Jones 6’4-200 pounds who had nearly 2000 receiving yards as a Sr which resulted in a fight with Boise State and several West Coast passing attacks. — ahh, back to Atorian :)

It means something to beat Iowa State (Dortch late) for a kid just like it means something to poach one of the top 2-3 recruits from UAB’s big board (A.T. Perry) or to crib a big-board-plum from a surging Appalachian State staff,as with Courtney McKinney,a 6’1.5-215 Powerback w/ 4.47 straight line speed & wiggle..

I’m rambling of course..that’s what excitement looks like,eh?
Please continue. Football is all we have to be excited about at WFU right now.

Apparently we are to believe that all NCHS coaches are fawning over Brown and Carolina now.

The NCHS coaching ranks are probably filled with guys who wished they had been recruited by Carolina when they were playing. There's no doubt a large percentage of them wear baby blue as 90% of their attire.

Dovavon and CJ named All-State by the AP. Donavon tied Howell for the most votes.

Any word on how Groulx did in the All-American Bowl?

Looks like we extended an offer (preferred walk on?) to 6-3 WR Jimmy Buck. Had over 1,000 yards this season.

Good size. All state in MN. Says he runs a 4.6.

I don't know but it also seems to be a bit of an inside track/start to a scholarship offer if you do well. Passing a 1st test, we'll consider you.

Back