• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Jurgens film shows good hip flexibility, a wide base, and excellent drive blocking technique. I wish he can teach the other OLs how to drive block. 5 IVY offers and all three service academies. Sounds like a good student too.

Jurgens film shows good hip flexibility, a wide base, and excellent drive blocking technique. I wish he can teach the other OLs how to drive block. 5 IVY offers and all three service academies. Sounds like a good student too.

3 point stance?

Don't coaches at schools our size usually like to recruit guys that have high potential but the mechanics aren't there yet?

Don't coaches at schools our size usually like to recruit guys that have high potential but the mechanics aren't there yet?

Sometimes mechanics. For linemen, sometimes it strength, weight and/or height.

Wonder if Rallis is coming as a player or a GA? He had a redshirt year in 2012 and then played 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. However, he had a season-ending injury early in the 2014 season, so I guess it's possible he was granted a medical redshirt and a 6th season. He was an Academic all Big Ten twice. He started 3 games for Minnesota this season and had three TFLs vs Wisconsin.

Wonder if Rallis is coming as a player or a GA? He had a redshirt year in 2012 and then played 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. However, he had a season-ending injury early in the 2014 season, so I guess it's possible he was granted a medical redshirt and a 6th season. He was an Academic all Big Ten twice. He started 3 games for Minnesota this season and had three TFLs vs Wisconsin.

Hadn't thought about that. You're right. Could be either.

Rallis only played one game as a RS sophomore in 2014, before injuring his knee. He could be eligible if the NCAA gave him a sixth year due to previous injuries.

Rallis only played one game as a RS sophomore in 2014, before injuring his knee. He could be eligible if the NCAA gave him a sixth year due to previous injuries.

Unless the NCAA has changed the rule, the 6th season is only possible if the original redshirt year (2012) was due to an injury. If it was an "ordinary" redshirt, the NCAA has not been granting a 6th year. Recall the flack over Ben Mauk who wanted a 6th year (when he was at Cincy) because he claimed he was injured his true freshman year (while at Wake), a contention that WF denied.

Unless the NCAA has changed the rule, the 6th season is only possible if the original redshirt year (2012) was due to an injury. If it was an "ordinary" redshirt, the NCAA has not been granting a 6th year. Recall the flack over Ben Mauk who wanted a 6th year (when he was at Cincy) because he claimed he was injured his true freshman year (while at Wake), a contention that WF denied.

Correct. So, the issue is whether Rallis has/had some basis to claim that he was injured when he was a freshman redshirt.

I wonder if we are done with OL recruiting now with our latest commit. We appear to be in good position with some other O-line prospects as noted early.

I wonder if we are done with OL recruiting now with our latest commit. We appear to be in good position with some other O-line prospects as noted early.

Need to take a center this year

I'm not a recruiting guru or follower like many of you, but it seems really unusual to have one offer, and that offer is Michigan State? Whatever. Welcome to Wake! Will be cheering for you coming off the edge.

Last edited:
Welcome Royce! I know that this was going to be a small class, but it might be filled before the season if we keep up this pace. Our biggest need could be a Rover/Safety type for depth and a Center as WFU1977 said. The best recruiting job Clawson has done this off season, was to get Ejiofor, Rodney and Serigne to come back.

I'm not a recruiting guru or follower like many of you, but it seems really unusual to have one offer, and that offer is Michigan State? Whatever. Welcome to Wake! Will be cheering for you coming off the edge.

It's certainly not the norm, but it happens that a Midwest school will come in with the first offer. It sounds like he sent a coach from MSU his tape and transcript and then the MSU coach took an interest and went to see him live. That Michigan State offer on April 25 appears to have put him on the radar and then some other programs looked at this film and followed suit such as: App State (May 8), Ball State (May 9), Ohio (May 9), Arkansas State (May 11), Troy (May 11), FAU (May 12) and Air Force (May 21). Wake then offered on May 23, but it's worth noting that he visited Wake before he was offered by Michigan State.

He's a bigger DE than I recall Wake taking under Elko. I've noticed that Wake has been looking at bigger DE's this cycle. If Francis continues to add weight you would think there might be a chance he ends up at DE. I thought he looked like a guy that moves well for his size.

Last edited:
A somewhat under the radar commit, but did have a P5 offer from Michigan State. Scout shows offers from several other non-p5 schools, including app state, ball state, and furman. Not ranked on scout, but rivals has him as a 3 star 5.5 rating and 247 just ranked him as a low 3 star as well. His junior season hudl highlights look pretty decent and appears to have good size. I would imagine this is a guy that will likely pick up some more offers before signing day. Perhaps a good move to get him early, but time will tell.

And it looks like deac94 beat me to it, sorry for the double synopsis!

Last edited:
Back