• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

If I'm his HS BB coach, I put him on the roster. No downside to writing his name on the roster. Rosters probably had to be turned in a while ago.

Which is exactly what I said a month ago.

If I'm his HS BB coach, I put him on the roster. No downside to writing his name on the roster. Rosters probably had to be turned in a while ago.

BS like this leads to Michael Jordan not making the Laney High School Basketball team his sophomore year.

I’m still waiting for Greene to not enroll because Max Preps posted him on the basketball roster for his high school....

Does State not have a message board? Is your butt still hurting from the WF game in Raleigh and the Gator Bowl blowout?

After Clemson’s domination of Bama, one selling point with recruits is WF plays in the division with more contemporary national champions (FSU, Clemson) than any other. WF has a good shot at it as well.

Yeah, come to Wake Forest and go head to head with Jameis Winston and Kelvin Benjamin.

Tougher division to win going forward - SEC West or ACC Atlantic? I still think SEC West due to more depth of good teams. I'd say ACC Atlantic is 2nd toughest division to win in college football.

Tougher for Bama and Clemson to win?

There's only one really good team in the Atlantic. Clemson's toughest game this year was back in August at Texas A&M, who got better as the season progressed. After the Syracuse game they picked their score ever week against the teams in their division. A&M finished third in the SEC West and played NC State who finished third in the Atlantic. NC State got blown out in the Gator Bowl by A&M.

Tougher division to win going forward - SEC West or ACC Atlantic? I still think SEC West due to more depth of good teams. I'd say ACC Atlantic is 2nd toughest division to win in college football.

You mean the two best teams in CFB are in divisions. The SEC West is good, but Alabama is a lot better. The Atlantic is ok, but Clemson is a lot better. Let’s not ascribe more credit to teams that didn’t play last night than they deserve.

There's only one really good team in the Atlantic. Clemson's toughest game this year was back in August at Texas A&M, who got better as the season progressed. After the Syracuse game they picked their score ever week against the teams in their division. A&M finished third in the SEC West and played NC State who finished third in the Atlantic. NC State got blown out in the Gator Bowl by A&M.

Could you explain why the Clemson's toughest game was against A&M rather than Cuse?

If you're a really Notre Dame team (or similar) looking to join a division and compete for a national championship, geography notwithstanding, you'd want to join the Atlantic because winning the division each year comes down to one game and the rest just aren't that tough for a championship contender. Additionally, the road venues aren't at all daunting. Also, you''d get two games against the Coastal instead of two games against the SEC East.

Could you explain why the Clemson's toughest game was against A&M rather than Cuse?

It was a closer game, it was on the road instead of at home, A&M's a better team (11 in Sagarin v. 28), Clemson beat with Syracuse with Chase Brice . . .

It was a closer game, it was on the road instead of at home, A&M's a better team (11 in Sagarin v. 28), Clemson beat with Syracuse with Chase Brice . . .

Bryant started. Clemson never trailed. Clemson was up 2 TDs in the 4th and A&M scored two TDs including one in the last minute and missed a 2 point conversion to tie.

Against Cuse, Clemson trailed the whole game and were down 10 points with 13 min left. Clemson had to score a TD in the last minute to win.

If you're a really Notre Dame team (or similar) looking to join a division and compete for a national championship, geography notwithstanding, you'd want to join the Atlantic because winning the division each year comes down to one game and the rest just aren't that tough for a championship contender. Additionally, the road venues aren't at all daunting. Also, you''d get two games against the Coastal instead of two games against the SEC East.

Why wouldn't you join the Coastal? Seems like a no-brainer, especially if you assume FSU and Louisville rebound to levels they've been at in recent years. You could be a "national championship contender" and go 10-2 in the Atlantic vs. likely 12-0 in the Coastal the way things have gone down recently.

Why wouldn't you join the Coastal? Seems like a no-brainer, especially if you assume FSU and Louisville rebound to levels they've been at in recent years. You could be a "national championship contender" and go 10-2 in the Atlantic vs. likely 12-0 in the Coastal the way things have gone down recently.

Obviously you would, but the question was a comparison between the SEC West and the Atlantic.

The Big Ten West is the one to join. Buncha crap teams in the division and a showdown with tOSU in December.

I dunno. I think I'm taking the B1G West over the Coastal. Just realized they went 4-1 in their bowl games, including 2-0 against Coastal.

Nebraska is going to be good soon under Frost.
Purdue under Brohm appears pretty legit (bowl game aside).
Wisconsin will be back - people forget they were preseason top 5 and throttled Miami in the bowl game.
Iowa is annoyingly good and Kinnick Stadium is a miserable place to play.
Northwestern also annoyingly good under Fitzgerald, and now they have a 5 star transfer QB.
Not sold yet on PJ Fleck, but MN has shown some promise.
IL is awful.

Sagarin ratings of conference strength.

2018-19 SEC West 83.24 (1) ACC Atlantis 73.36 (6)
2017-18 SEC West 81.83 (1) ACC Atlantic 80.62 (2)
2016-17 SEC West 81.22 (1) ACC Atlantic 80.41 (2)
2015-16 SEC West 85.47 (1) ACC Atlantic 74.88 (7)
2014-15 SEC West 88.75 (1) ACC Atlantic 74.80 (6)
2013-14 SEC West 83.73 (1) ACC Atlantic 72.57 (9)

Back