• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

because he left us.

And possibly because he posted something related to "finally getting to play ..." after he signed with Oregon. I think it was related to the QB, but honestly cannot remember.

Anyway, that is the extent of it. Like most athletes, he had high hopes going into last year. Like most 20 year olds with a bit of confidence, he was not afraid to publicize his hubris.

Seems like a fine kid. In hindsight, he should have stayed at Wake. He would have had a lot of PT during the weeks Dortch was out, including the bowl, and he'd bet turning his attention to the CFL and possibly NFL today. Not sure what kind of academic work he is doing criss crossing the country, but I wish him a successful final season and the rest of his life. Would be fun for him to sign with State and get one return game in Winston

Like your ex-wife, he ain't coming back. Time to move on.

He IS one of the slot WRs you are thinking about. Believe he scored 2 TDs on State last year in the Tre. Our slot WRs put up numbers and he was fine in our system.

Well aware, was actually 3 TD's against us. Our coaches seem resistant to guarding the slot WR against most teams and you guys coaching staff has killed us more than about any other. Hines obviously wasn't some crazy loss for you guys but with the losses we had to WR's going pro after last season adding a decently talented guy that has been through some battles would work well with our WR group. Will be interesting to see if he commits this weekend or not.

I will boo that coward up and down the field next year if he transfers back to an in-state rival.

I will boo that coward up and down the field next year if he transfers back to an in-state rival.

Somewhere in this sentence hides the issues burrowed deep into America's psyche.

Fandom + social media + us/them + judgement based on wisps of information = national tragedy.

Sorry to bust your bubble but those weren’t when manny was the head coach
Richt’s recruits, Canes’ recruits, all same. Diaz has to hang on to them. No dog in that fight.
Still it would be cause for celebration to have that kind os 2021 start at WF from guys from North Carolina. Clearly a very high bar but Dave Clawson’s group has that kind of ambition and deservedly so.

Richt’s recruits, Canes’ recruits, all same. Diaz has to hang on to them. No dog in that fight.
Still it would be cause for celebration to have that kind os 2021 start at WF from guys from North Carolina. Clearly a very high bar but Dave Clawson’s group has that kind of ambition and deservedly so.

What they don't have is SE FL's abundance of talent with no other P5 school within 4 hours.

What they don't have is SE FL's abundance of talent with no other P5 school within 4 hours.
Generally speaking WF does have a safer more easily navigated campus and social life than the in state competitors which have not recently been world beaters in football. I’d really be interested to hear from some of the NC parents of Clawson’s players on why they made the “switch” to WF over ECU, State, Duke, UNC.

Generally speaking WF does have a safer more easily navigated campus and social life than the in state competitors which have not recently been world beaters in football. I’d really be interested to hear from some of the NC parents of Clawson’s players on why they made the “switch” to WF over ECU, State, Duke, UNC.

Wait, what? This is going to get us the elite recruits?

Anyone ever hear a bigtime football recruit choose Wake over some big state school because it's easy to meet people and get around campus without being robbed by a townie ?

Whether it's Hartman or Newman playing QB next year they're going to have a plethora of playmakers to distribute to.

Back