• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Byrd will be 6’1- 190-95 and Ken Dicks is 6’0.5 - 200

Byrd can fly, we know
Dicks registered # 2 Sparq in nation / MVP Texas vs World All Star game
Gray put up a Top 100 Sparq (99th) nationally

I'm feeling much better about our future DB situation.

Is Byrd expected to make a full recovery? I know when he got hurt initially some people were concerned he wouldn’t be able to play again

Apparently Wake just offered 2022 RB, Tate Carney (dont exactly know how to pronounce the last name). He is a down hill runner from Mocksville, NC. Unknown if he has any connections to Wake Forest.

Interesting. Davie County was atypically bad last year. I watched Reynolds high school beat the hell out of Davie, which has owned Reynolds recently. T Carney was Davie's starting TB, and I don't recall him doing much. Maybe Davie had some key injuries on the line.

Interesting. Davie County was atypically bad last year. I watched Reynolds high school beat the hell out of Davie, which has owned Reynolds recently. T Carney was Davie's starting TB, and I don't recall him doing much. Maybe Davie had some key injuries on the line.

Granted, he was a freshman last year, right? And playing against a bunch of grown men.

I came hear just to see how many of you were upset he said University of Wake Forest and I was pleasantly surprised lol

It remains to be seen how effective Byrd is at DB. Chuck Wade struggled with the transition.

Byrd was a DB and played RB at the coach's request due to our injury situation. After the season, he asked to switch to DB, which the coaches agreed to. He was obviously a very good RB. Would like to think he's just as good at DB, since that seems to be his natural position.

Davie was extremely young last fall. They had no senior starters on offense and only a few senior contributors on defense. Hard to compete in 4A and the CPC while being so young. By contrast the Davie basketball team is 18-1 and dominating the conference with 4 senior starters. Makes a big difference.

The 2nd signing period starts tomorrow - Wednesday February 6. A bigger date for schools that have replaced their coaches since season's end; so, not sure if WF will be adding.

There are a few 2019 guys who got recent offers from Wake. Hope to see letters from them.

Looks like we signed a corner out of Texas - Isaiah Essissima.

5'11 three star floating around the 1300 nat'l ranking range.

Gimme all the DB's

Looks like we signed a corner out of Texas - Isaiah Essissima.

5'11 three star floating around the 1300 nat'l ranking range.

Gimme all the DB's

Really interesting group of offers he had, a bunch of power 5, and group of 5 from all over. I think he is the only player designated a CB who we signed. Curious to see who else will be playing CB in this class.

Really interesting group of offers he had, a bunch of power 5, and group of 5 from all over. I think he is the only player designated a CB who we signed. Curious to see who else will be playing CB in this class.

Jeremiah Gray is supposed to start his career at CB.

Back