• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Probably wrong but it appears Greene jumped Groulx in the overall rankings?

Nice late addition to a great class. Feeling optimistic we can keep building on recent success.

I just noticed that 10 of the top 25 recruits in Wake's all-time 247 ranking are currently on the roster. That's kinda cool.

Just saw ESPN run through signing of their top 300. Almost all SEC. Would like to see Wake in there.

Just saw ESPN run through signing of their top 300. Almost all SEC. Would like to see Wake in there.

Many are in the top 300 because they signed with SEC schools. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.

Groulx dropped from a high ranking of 196 to 375 in the composite rankings. Greene dropped from a high of 195 to 277. The Wake disrespect is real.

Groulx dropped from a high ranking of 196 to 375 in the composite rankings. Greene dropped from a high of 195 to 277. The Wake disrespect is real.

Greene dropping makes sense. Groulx dropping makes zero sense. But ESPN is going to do their thing. They have very little clue what they are doing with Football rankings.

Show me the money. Rankings and stars have their place and value but rankings are also manipulated to sell subscriptions/information and large fan bases will be served by grown men making a living off high school kids and our interest in recruiting, Hence, the Wake Forest effect.

Greene dropping makes sense. Groulx dropping makes zero sense. But ESPN is going to do their thing. They have very little clue what they are doing with Football rankings.

Why does the Greene drop make sense?

Didn’t Groulx perform well and get a good amount of praise at various camps and HS all star outings recently? Definitely makes sense to drop him significantly in the rankings!

Why does the Greene drop make sense?

Inconsistent performance at the Shrine Bowl mainly. Couple that with probably being ranked a little too highly given how raw he is and a drop out of the top 250 or so made sense.

Groulx dominated at all events he was at, he still makes no sense to me dropping in rankings.

Inconsistent performance at the Shrine Bowl mainly. Couple that with probably being ranked a little too highly given how raw he is and a drop out of the top 250 or so made sense.

Groulx dominated at all events he was at, he still makes no sense to me dropping in rankings.

Gotcha. Changing the subject, the hudle video of Taylor Morin is pretty impressive. I don’t get why he wasn’t more highly ranked/recruited. Having Groulx and Morin at slot receiver over the next few years will be great for the Deacs. Redshirt soph slot J. Roberson has some talent as well, and Hinton plans to play slot in 2019.

Back