• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Welcome Royce! I know that this was going to be a small class, but it might be filled before the season if we keep up this pace. Our biggest need could be a Rover/Safety type for depth and a Center as WFU1977 said. The best recruiting job Clawson has done this off season, was to get Ejiofor, Rodney and Serigne to come back.

I think we will see 5-6 more commits this summer. So don't expect the pace to slow too much just yet. Best guess is RB, TE, Outside WR, LB and 2 DBs. But obviously it's still early enough that there would be flexibility to take a high quality guy at another position if a really good opportunity presented itself.

Wake Forest Satellite Camp Schedule

June 9 – Old Dominion Camp (Norfolk, VA) – With Penn State and Temple (both are sending their entire staffs)

June 9 – Tennessee State Camp (Nashville, TN) – With Michigan

June 10 – Tennessee Camp (Knoxville, TN)

June 10/11 – UNCC Camp (Charlotte, NC)

June 11 – Memphis Camp (Memphis, TN) – “Mega Camp” with coaches from at least 10 P5 programs

Wake Forest Satellite Camp Schedule

June 9 – Old Dominion Camp (Norfolk, VA) – With Penn State and Temple (both are sending their entire staffs)

June 9 – Tennessee State Camp (Nashville, TN) – With Michigan

June 10 – Tennessee Camp (Knoxville, TN)

June 10/11 – UNCC Camp (Charlotte, NC)

June 11 – Memphis Camp (Memphis, TN) – “Mega Camp” with coaches from at least 10 P5 programs

Interesting that 3 camps are in Tennessee
does that indicate a shift in geographic focus, or just that most of the satellite camps are located there?
would think that we would participate in one in GA or FL if possible

Interesting that 3 camps are in Tennessee
does that indicate a shift in geographic focus, or just that most of the satellite camps are located there?
would think that we would participate in one in GA or FL if possible

Knoxville in particular. There are not that many good football players in East TN.

It is a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta, where there are plenty of good FB players

These camps with the "bigger" schools will draw regionally as mentioned. Be a good chance for kids to get seen and a good opportunity for us to feed off of the event. Being old and reluctant to change, I did not think these camps a good idea but now I think these camps are a good opportunity for everyone. Usually the kids get screwed but I don't think that is true. Harbough accidentally started a good thing although I don't think he intended to do so. With that said Wake has had some very good players from Knoxville- particularly Farragut HS and current player DeAndre Delaney is from up the road Morristown.

Welcome Royce!! Love filling DL slots!
On a similar note, has anyone heard anything about how Sulamon Kamara (sp?) is doing? I can't remember if he redshirted or not as I haven't thought much about football. Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Welcome Royce!! Love filling DL slots!
On a similar note, has anyone heard anything about how Sulamon Kamara (sp?) is doing? I can't remember if he redshirted or not as I haven't thought much about football. Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Get ready to take some pictures, because the Kamara will be ready this Fall!

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that there are 3 camps in Tennessee. Tennessee hasn't been a big area of focus for Wake with offers etc so far this year. My guess is that these just happened to be the camps in the area that worked with the staff's schedule. Plus, as another poster noted, a camp with the Vols at the University of Tennessee will draw prospects from outside Tennessee. Same with a camp with Harbaugh and the "Mega" camp at the University of Memphis. The Memphis camp is saying that they will have coaches from Auburn, Oklahoma, Florida, Penn State etc etc etc. That will draw a lot of interest.

This satellite camp thing is still evolving given the NCAA rule changes this spring.

He looked legit at spring game. Super pumped about him.

We missed on Cam Goode. He committed to VT today per 247. Had seen an interview with him on Scout and he lit up when he talked about Wake versus any others that he commented on so thought we had a good shot, but not to be at this point.

Back