• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

247 Sports has Ryan Smenda Orange Park FL OLB 6-1.5, 204
LB joining the Deacs

2018 Wake Forest Football Recruiting- Royce Francis commits to Wake

Zeek Rodney is officially coming back as well which is massive

His video looks pretty good, seems to fight through the block to make tackles nicely. Beat out Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, and uconn among others.

Commitment from 2018 S Kaleb Smith. Had offers from UVA, Temple, and ECU. Not rated on 247 or Rivals yet

A little surprised by this one. Another commit with not a lot of interest from other programs. Feel like holding out for a bit would have been a good idea. I don't know if the staff are projecting him as a safety or a WR. Half of his hudl highlights appear to be as a receiver against much smaller corners. Maybe they saw him in person and saw something different.

Are we really questioning Clawson's recruiting? Are we really questioning a P5 football coaches ability to evaluate football talent?

Last edited:
A little surprised by this one. Another commit with not a lot of interest from other programs. Feel like holding out for a bit would have been a good idea. I don't know if the staff are projecting him as a safety or a WR. Half of his hudl highlights appear to be as a receiver against much smaller corners. Maybe they saw him in person and saw something different.

Had an offer from a conference rival and apparently there's a lot for our staff to mold (legit 4.5 speed and a 39" vertical). Welcome Kaleb!

Isn't it still fairly early. Guys are getting offers all over the place right now. In state kid with a UVa offer commits to Wake right off the bat.

I like how Clawson is building this class. These recent commits can play more than one position. Kaleb and Zion are both WR/S. Jurgens can play anywhere on the OL. Smenda could walk into the Rover position or bulk up for LB. Bresnahan went with Vandy, so Whiteheart is probably it at TE. I wouldn't mind more beef for the DTs.

Back