• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

The ol' zero star special! Got a few decent offers though, so in Claw we trust.

Oh my bad. I saw he doesn't have a composite ranking, and assumed. Seems like a solid pickup, either way.

Interesting that Les hasn't confirmed this yet. Guess there's a reason to keep this on the low.

It’s not confirmed because no one has publicly said they have committed. The recruit retweeted a Cohen tweet, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he committed. He may have, but until he announces himself, I won’t be convinced.

Sometimes the recruit informs Les and that’s how it breaks. It’s old school.

As long as he is still committed 8 months from now, I'll wait happily.

Don’t be surprised Kendron if this isn’t one of the best decisions you make in your entire life.
Welcome to a Very Great place in a very big world.
The Deacs will be giant killers with your help!

Thanks Ranger. But I can't stand people who take an Art and try to turn it into a Science. Its a little statistical analysist and a lot of art. If you buy in totally, we shouldn't win a game. Personnel fit is important too. Check out Troy Aikman running the wishbone at Oklahoma. He transferred to pass happy UCLA and the rest is history. We want kids who fit our system and can hack it in the classroom. I don't think we'll beat Clemson any time soon. I think we have beaten them 5 times in forty years. Every time we did, they fired their coach. I'll always want to beat the 'holes, but this year I think we can beat F$U at home.

Grobe gave Clemson fits. He beat them 3 times, but easily could have beaten them 5 or 6.

We were flat out robbed at least twice down there as well.

Jahmyr Gibbs, one of our top RB recruits, committed to GT. Wake was one of his top 3 along with LSU.
He also had offers from Michigan, Nebraska, Texas A&M, VT and others.

Grobe gave Clemson fits. He beat them 3 times, but easily could have beaten them 5 or 6.

We were flat out robbed at least twice down there as well.

God, that 2006 game was a nightmare. We should have won that going away.

Regarding Wayman, will be an interesting guy. He obviously has good size, but plays at a very small school with a local powerhouse program. They dominated the league last year though before losing in a close game in the playoff. The team has sent players to BC and Notre Dame in the recent past as well. Welcome, Kendron!

Seeing on Twitter that Jarrett Alston has committed. I don’t see Conor/Les reporting on it (unless I missed it?).
One of the most quiet commitments I have seen in the twittersphere.

Back